Chapter 25: The Age Of Monsters

Start from the beginning

(Y/n): where the hell am I?

I began to hear the sound of a piano being played. I sat up and looked to my right. Pandora was sat on a bench playing a grand piano. After a while, she stopped playing and turned to me.

Pandora: well, looks like our guest is finally awake.

She got up from the bench and sat down in a chair across from me.

Pandora: hello again, A-23. I welcome you to my home.

I stayed silent. Pandora then clapped her hands twice and A-24 walked in. She was holding a tray with a teapot, teacups, a creamer, and a small bowl of suger cubes. She gently set it down on the table in front of us.

Pandora: thank you, A-24.

A-24: you're welcome, mistress.

She stood to the side and Pandora began preparing a cup of tea. She set the cup down on a saucer and presented it to me.

Pandora: tea?

Without any hesitation, I smacked the cup out of her hand as hard as I could. The teacup shattered as it hit the ground and bits of china scattered across the floor. A-24 reached for the longsword on her back, but Pandora raised her arm, gesturing for her to stop.

(Y/n): I'm not drinking your tea. If I'm here you must need something from me.

Pandora: ha, well aren't you a smart one? You're right, I didn't just bring you here for a cup of tea. It's a shame though, this blend is to die for.

(Y/n): ok, what do you want?!

Pandora: I know your friends are gathering all of the hybrids to keep them safe from me. The only problem is that I don't know where you're hiding them, and that's where you come in, A-23.

(Y/n): you're crazy if you think I'll tell you, and my name's not "A-23" it's (y/n).

Pandora: alright then, "(y/n)", let me ask you something. Do you know what the claws of dala's plan is?

(Y/n): no, but knowing you, it can't be anything good.

Pandora: you see, the superiority difference between human and monster is...a little off. It goes like this. Monsters have amazing power that is able to change entire ecosystems, meanwhile humans sit at the top of the food chain with their hunters, their weapons, their unbreakable forts. We plan to knock human back down to the bottom where they belong.

(Y/n): and a part of your plan was kidnapping human infants and turning them into hybrids? Seriously, there's a special place in hell for you.

She chuckled.

Pandora: yes, I did arrange that. However, I'm a hybrid as well, but I'm not just any hybrid...

She got up from her seat and walked up to me. She roles up her sleeve and I stared at her wrist in shock. A-01.

Pandora: I'm the first hybrid.

She stood up, fixed her sleeve, and walked over to the window.

Pandora: have you ever wondered how me and Nomad became hybrids in the first place?

I didn't bother answering, but I knew she could sense my curiosity.

Pandora: when I was just a little girl, I dreamed of being an adventurer. I dreamed of traveling all over the world and seeing all it had to offer. However, my mother and father had other plans.

She turned around and began pacing around while telling her story.

Pandora: some how they managed to get their hands on samples of rajang and dalamadur blood, and that is how this all began. our mother and father experimented on me and Nomad. They turned me into the monster you see in front of you.