CHAPTER ONE☑️

Start from the beginning

"You keep asking questions like I'm going to answer them. So, Sleeping Beauty awakens," Rose said, going around and trying to fix up the shack.

"Bella, why do they keep calling you Arabella?" Elena asked her.

"Because Arabella is my real name. You do realize Bella had to stand for something, don't you?" The strawberry-blonde inquired.

"Why'd you change it?" Elena asked.

"I wanted to." Arabella shrugged.

"Why am I here?" Elena asked, turning to Rose. Elena figured that she was only going to get vague answers with Arabella.

"I'm not answering your questions," Rose stated.

"You've got me, okay? It's not like I can go anywhere, the least you can do is tell me what you want with me," Elena said, determined to get somewhere. Arabella smirked a bit.

"I personally want nothing, I'm just a delivery service," Rose informed.

Arabella frowned a bit. "To who?"

"Elijah?" Elena supplied, questioningly.

Arabella stiffened a bit at the name. It was someone she did not plan on seeing in a long time.

Rose chuckled. "Two points to the eavesdropper."

"Elijah? Are you mad?" Arabella questioned incredulously.

"He's old-school," Rose answered her. Arabella rolled her eyes.

"Who's Elijah, and Bella, how do you know him?" Elena asked.

"Darling, anyone who is a vampire knows Elijah," Arabella said.

"He's one of the vampires, the Originals." Rose declared.

"Ah yes, the Originals. Six of them." Arabella said.

"Six?" Elena questioned.

"Six. Including Elijah and I," Arabella supplied.

"So why are you afraid of Elijah then?" Elena questioned.

"Darling, I'm not afraid of him. Elijah isn't all too scary, I just don't want to see him."

"How do you know him?" Elena asked yet another question.

"Enough, I don't want to talk about it anymore," Arabella said, getting aggravated.

"Why not?"

Arabella went over to her and squeezed the human's throat. Her hazel eyes bored into Elena's Browns one. "Darling, you seem to forget here who the vampire is and who the human is. Here's a reminder, if I can choke you to the point of your death, then I'm a very strong vampire and you should probably shut your mouth," Arabella growled and dropped Elena.

"Who are the Originals then?" Elena gasped out, glaring at Arabella and clutching her throat. Arabella shot Rosemarie a warning look.

"Again with the questions, haven't the Salvatores been teaching you anything?" Rose asked Elena. Arabella let out a laugh.

"So you know Stefan and Damon?" Elena inquired.

"A friend tried to set me up with Stefan," Rose remarked. Arabella scrunched up her nose in disgust.

"Who are the Originals?" Elena asked again. Arabella pursed her lips at the question.

"People Trevor and I have been running from for 500 years. We're tired, we want it over."

"If you're so tired you shouldn't have betrayed us," Arabella stated.

Rose swallowed before she spoke, "We're using both of you to negotiate ourselves out of running."

"But why me, and why Bella?"

"They're looking for Arabella," Rose declared. "And you because you're the Petrova doppleganger. You're the key to breaking the curse."

"Curse? The Sun and the Moon Curse?" Elena inquired. Arabella covered her mouth to hide her smirk.

"Oh, you do know you're history," Rosemarie said.

"What do you mean I'm the key? The moonstone is what breaks the curse," Elena argued.

"No darling, the moonstone is what binds the curse. You're the one who breaks it when you die in the sacrifice," Arabella stated, pointing to Elena.

"Sacrifice?"

"It's a whole big story for another time," Arabella remarked, waving her hand as if to wipe the topic away.

"Tell me more." Elena demanded. Arabella raised an eyebrow, challenging her silently.

"Captivity has made her pushy, eh," Trevor stated with a grin, walking into the living room.

"Captivity has made me hungry," Arabella declared to Trevor.

"Ah, the beautiful Arabella. It has been some time," Trevor said to her.

"Not long enough," Arabella replied. Trevor rolled his eyes.

"What do you want to know doppellicious?" Trevor inquired.

"Who are you running from?" Elena asked him.

"The Originals, like Arabella," Trevor pointed towards the strawberry-blonde.

"Rose said that, what does it mean?"

"The first family of vampires. The old world; Rose and I pissed them off."

"Mm-mm," Rose said, meaning no.

"Correction, I pissed them off and Rose had my back for over 500 years and now they want us dead," he said.

"What did you do?" Elena asked Trevor.

"He trusted Katerina Petrova," Arabella said, pronouncing Katerina's name perfectly.

"I helped her escape her fate, and now I've—I'm sorry—we've been marked ever since." Trevor said.

Elena nodded her head in understanding.

~~~

"He's here," Trevor announced in a panicked voice.

"Oh joy. Reunited at last!" Arabella exclaimed sarcastically.

"I told you I would get us out of this, you have to trust me," Rosemarie said trying to calm Trevor.

"No! He wants me dead Rose!" Trevor shouted.

"He wants them more," Rose declared. "Take Arabella to show to him later."

~~~

There were voices. Many voices and every single one she recognized. He was here alone, at least; that gave some comfort to the strawberry-blonde. Trevor grabbed Arabella's arms and started pushing her to walk. They entered the living room.

"To show I am truly sorry Elijah," Trevor said and glanced at the strawberry-blonde girl in front of him.

Arabella scowled and looked at him. "You know, I appreciate the help, but I think I can stand fine. So if you would kindly let go of my arms—"

"Arabella," Elijah breathed in shock. He hadn't seen the strawberry-blonde in centuries, and here she was, only a few feet from him.

"Hello, darling. Glad you could come."

~~~

fully edited as of: 2/20/16