T E N

Hey friends, sorry I have had a long couple of busy months but I'm back now and making more recent updates :) Sorry this might be a little bit of a filler chapter but there will be more updates every week!

Lazy Day

"So what did you want to do today?"

A sudden bright light streaming through my window waked me up, the incessant pounding my head had grown to become a full thrown construction ground.

"Ugh-what?" I looked up to James decked in a beige khakis and white polo shirt.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked again-this time it hit me.

"James?" I screeched.

"Damn woman, do you mind keeping it down? I wanted to keep my ears you know."

"James? What are you doing in my house?" I abruptly sat up from my bed. I pulled the sheets up to my neck, making sure that I was fully covered.

"Honey you don't need to cover up, I'll play nice." He gave me a wolfish grin.

"Ugh, pig-" I muttered under my breath. "Again I ask you, what are you doing here?"

"I came to spend the day with you."

"How did you even get in?"

"Are we honestly going to have this conversation right now, when I took the day off of work so that we could spend the day together?"

I hated to admit how much what he said just tugged on my heartstrings a little.

"Oh that's really-"

"Plus, I've got to start moving your stuff to my mom's house or she's going to be suspicious."

"Great." He just doesn't know when to stop talking.

I crawled out of bed. Glancing at the clock I realized that it was already noon.

"Oh no." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

"What?"

"I need to start looking for a job."

"A job?"

"Yeah, you know that thing people go to, to earn money?"

"I know, but why do you need a job?" He looked adorable when he was confused, the way his nose crinkled slightly.

"Well I can't live off of your money, we're only doing this marriage charade for like a year."

"Trust me, I'll give you enough money to last you a lifetime when we get a divorce."

"I don't want your money." I turned and started to pack up some of my stuff, I didn't really want to have this conversation about money and jobs with him.

Suddenly, I felt his breath against my neck.

"You'll take my money. End of discussion." I wanted to turn around and tell him to go screw himself, but his breath against my neck was making it hard to think.

As if on cue, my stomach was there to save me. The grumbling sound reverberated against the room, killing any mood that was there.

"Oh look at the time, I need to go make some lunch. Would you like anything?" I quickly scurried around his body and made my way down to the kitchen.

"I'll have whatever you're making." I did a slight nod before turning around and busying myself around the kitchen.

"So what are some of your favourite hobbies?"

"Should we really be doing this?" I muttered towards the cheese on the cutting board.

"Doing what?"

"Getting to know each other? I mean do you even really care?"

"Does it matter if I really care? I need to know enough about you so I am able to successfully convince my family that I actually want to marry you."

I nodded, I tried not to let the words hurt, but it's a little difficult to not to let his words pierce my pride just a little. The silence stretched between us as I continued to make our lunch. I definitely needed some warm and hearty to cure the banging headache.

"The flower pot."

"What?"

"You asked me how I got in right?"

"How did you know that I hid a key in the flower pot?" I tried my best not to give him a lecture about personal privacy.

"Trust me, you don't actually know how long I was outside looking in every nook and cranny for that stupid key."

"A simple knock on the door or press on the doorbell would have sufficed." I plopped the grilled cheese on his plate and slide him a bowl of the tomato soup.

"Sorry darling, but I tried pretty much every noise known to man and animal before I decided to start looking for that key, and before you start giving me a whole spiel about privacy and how it's very important to a girl-I'll never do it again."

"Promise?"

"I promise." I let out a sigh of relief before turning back to my grilled cheese.

"So what do you want to do today?"

"Um-are you sure you don't you have to go back to work?" I hoped that he would say yes, it would make this situation a little less unbearable for me.

"Nope." He smirked.

"I guess we can watch movies? Get to know each other a little better. I mean besides your gosh awful ex girlfriend I'm not sure I know much more about you." My eyes widened, did I just insult his mother?

Oh crap.

He laughed. Full on belly laughed. I sat there for about five minutes, the tears dripping out of his eyes.

"It's fine Jane, my Laura's a bitch-but yeah those movies sound great."

"What do you want to watch?" I grabbed my food and led him towards my den.

It was a small, tight apartment that I was renting after I moved out of George and I's apartment. I walked towards the shelf, if there was one thing that I would consider my guilty pleasure it would definitely be the hundred and hundred of movies that I have managed to stock up on.

"Anything that you want to watch in particular?" I turned to ask James.

I hated to admit, but he looked pretty good sitting on my couch, his white polo shirt contrasted against the brown couch, and his arm slung over the back cushion-almost like he belonged there.

"Nope, your choice."

I grabbed The Bourne Identity disc and popped it in. I sat next to him, careful to leave a distinct space between the two of us-didn't need him getting the wrong idea.

"You like Bourne?" He turned to me, an astonished look on his face.

"Why can't I like Bourne?"

"I assumed that you would be into The Sound of Music, or Step Up."

"A girl can't like the fast paced action films and cheesy rom-coms?" He laughed at my remark.

"You're something else Jane." Now I laughed.

"I know."