S I X

Okay.

            “What are you playing at here?”

            “I’m not trying to play at anything.”

        Currently I was gripping a glass of whiskey, trying not to pass out was the goal right now. What is going on this week? Not only have I managed to accumulate the world’s worst luck, but also I’ve now managed to get a marriage proposal.

        This is just too weird of a week for me.

        “You’ve met me four times, and now you’ve decided that you want to marry me?”

        I'm expcting some one to come out and tell me I've been pranked, waking up from a horrible dream, or getting yelled at for day-dreaming at work. But it didn't come.

        This was real. 

        He walked around from his desk and sat in the chair next too mine, I scooted further away from him. I didn’t need any of his flirting mechanisms to distract me.

        “Well the way I see it, there is something in it for the both of us.” I scoffed.

        “Really? What’s in it for me?”

        “You’ll be noticed, and not just by your family but everyone will be vying for your attention.”

        “So? Maybe I don’t need attention from someone like you.”

        “I know you want this affection Jane, don’t play stupid.”

        “Enough about me, what’s in it for you?” If he really was so set on me doing this marriage thing he was going to need to give me a proper reason.

        “Nothing.”

        “No, if you want to do this, then you’re going to give me a proper reason.”

        “I need to get my parents off my back.”

        “Seriously? This is your big reason? You’re afraid of your mom and dad?”

        “You don’t get it, all my life my parents have never ever approved of any of my dates or girlfriends.”

        “So? How is this my problem?”

        “You’re the perfect woman.” I couldn’t ignore the flutter my heart gave when he mentioned me as the perfect woman.

        Stop it Jane. He’s just trying to get you to agree to his outlandish ideas.

            “No I’m not, but points for trying.”