"O?" I asked. No response. "Octavia? Everything okay?"

"Uh, I don't know, he said, 'love ya' and you didn't say anything back." She said, matter of factly, as though I was dumb, and maybe I am a tad bit.

"Wait, what?" I asked, not understanding.

"Yeah, it's right here," she said, pointing to the last part of the last message sent.

"I had no idea, I didn't even see it there. Do you think he's falling for me? Or is it more like a friendship love, like between you and me?" I asked Octavia.

"I don't know, Clarkey," she said, sighing. " The only thing you can do is talk to him about it, but you probably shouldn't do that tonight. wait until tomorrow, and talk to him in person, but I wouldn't worry about it too much."

"Thanks, O, I don't know what I would do without you. I'm glad your my best friend," I said as I leaned onto her shoulder. "You know, I am really sorry that I didn't tell you about Bellamy in the first place. Every day that passed I wanted too, but the longer I waited the I got more scared that you would be really mad, and I would lose my best friend."

"I know, I forgive you. You're my best friend, and I know you were just trying to protect me in your own way, and I appreciate that. You will never lose me, we may fight, and disagree, but I won't ever let you lose me, we will always solve our fights. I don't know what I would do without you, Clarke," she said, almost to the point of tears. "I don't know where I would be living right now, and I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love you, and I couldn't wish for a better friend."

"Thanks, O, we should go to bed though, it's getting late," I said, sitting up.

"Yeah, whatever, Mom," she replied getting up and throwing a pillow at me.

"Oh, you are on!"

Murphy POV

I can't believe I just sent that, what if she thinks it's for real, I mean I could have said, "I love you." which is way worse than love ya, Clarke says that to Octavia, then again they've been friends for forever. I can't text her back that I didn't mean to say it, or whoever is in the room with her will think something is up, "How do I get myself into situations like this."

"Situations like what?" Lottie asked as she was walking by, stopping in my doorway. I showed her the messages, "What were you going to tell her?"

"A lot actually, but not that. That was not even in my mind."

"Okay, but do you love her love her? or is it more of a friendship love?"

"That's an excellent question Charlie, and I have no idea what the answer is." What am I supposed to do with my life if I fall in love with someone who is definitely not interested in me in any way other than being my friend? You know, maybe it's just like I wouldn't mind dating her, but I'm okay with being friends. Life is confusing."

"You know, just trust yourself, she's not interested in you in that way, right?"

"Right."

"So, as of right now, just wait and talk to her. It will all be fine, I promise."

"How did you get so smart in the dating world?"

"Honestly, books, movies and observations."

"Oh boy. Thank you Charlie. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know."

"Whatever, just lay off when I get a boyfriend, please."

"Fine, whatever you say, just wait a couple of years, okay, you don't need that stress," I said, and she just nodded and walked out of my room.