She participated in the repartee with ease. "It took you long enough to find me, General Kenobi. I contacted the Republic nine hours ago."

Obi Wan extended a hand to help her through his makeshift exit. "I apologize for the delay, Senator. We were a little held up. Sith seem to want to kill us wherever we go."

"All in a days work, am I right?" Leora smiled. He returned it.

There was another pang of metal on metal and Leora's head turned in reflex. Anakin Skywalker stood a little further down the hallway, a disgruntled and disoriented Michael in front of him, climbing from the small lightsaber etched hole in the door. The two men frowned at each other upon locking eyes. Michael stood as tall as he could after exiting, straight and broad, making up for the loss of ego he suffered by being saved by Anakin. Anakin's eyes found her down the corridor and then travelled slowly back to Michael, his frown deepening.

"I expected Commander Zahll." Anakin called to her.

Leora hid her grin in the hood of robe, only responding when it faded. "Commander Zahll had prior engagements."

"Unfortunate." He mouthed, only for her.

"We better get out of here." Obi Wan interrupted their reunion, unknowingly. "Breaking you out was hardly discreet. I'm sure battle droids are on their way for us as we speak."

Obi Wan led the way through the hallway, Michael on his right. Leora guessed he wanted Anakin out of his sights. Leora fell instep with Anakin, a foot behind the others.

"How did you possibly end up a prisoner on Sullust?" Anakin asked her, half in amusement, but half in concern.

"I was unable to export trade the last few weeks to many Outer Rim worlds. The Chancellor gave me diplomatic immunity to sneak into Sullust with food to make sure the people were fed," Leora explained her mandate. "But I suppose someone exposed me. Nute Gunray found my hideout."

"That explains the outfit." Anakin pointed to her ratty robe.

"I had to blend in."

Anakin laughed at his own joke.

"How did you manage to be the one to come and save me, anyway? Did you simply fall into some luck?"

Anakin shook his head. "No, actually. Master Obi Wan and I were all ready in the Sullust system. We were in combat with Asajj Ventress when we got the call."

"Ahhh, that's what Obi Wan meant."

Their conversation was cut short by the oncoming sound of marching footfalls. Anakin immediately stood in front of her, whispering shortly with Obi Wan, before a squadron of armoured droids announced themselves around a corner and open fired. The four of them turned quickly down another hall but the blasts followed. Further down the hallway, new droids were hot on their heels. They could no longer outrun them and there was a choice to be made: fight or give up.

Obi Wan and Michael went right and Leora took a step to follow but was pulled left, into a darkened crevice, by Anakin. Bright, intoxicating blasts invaded her vision, flashing up and down the hall, bouncing off and burning the metal walls. One flew right above her nose and Leora leaned further against the corner she was in, nearly missing being burned.

She pulled out the blaster hidden in its hilt under her robe. Anakin looked at her, eyes dancing. "I thought Gatalentan's did not wound or kill."

Leora aimed around the corner, evading the Separatist blasts that were sent their way. "I told you. Violence is a last resort... tell me, what else is left?"

His lightsaber whirred to life, illuminating the dark corner. "All right, I see we are on the same page."

Anakin guarded them from the blasts, throwing back whatever was aimed at them while Leora shot them down with her own blaster, running to the hallway she had seen Obi Wan and Michael run down. She'd managed to destroy quite a few droids in the process but Anakin took the lead when she was tucked around the corner, slicing through them like sheet metal. Soon, they were out of the blast zone.