river phoenix- imagine

first date-river phoenix imagine

"well, what cafe would you like to go to?" you asked the blonde hair beauty standing direct next to you.

"ooh, I know!" river exclaimed, "I know this really cute diner right on the end of the peer. hardly anyone ever goes there, and its just completely filled to the brim with old people. Trust me, you will love it!"i smiled and nodded at his suggestion, agreeing that it would be a great idea to go there.

we walked for around 20 minutes trying to get down there, the bustle of the boardwalk had began to settle down as the sun was beginning to set. me and river talk about many things for most of the time. mainly focusing on subjects such as family, friends, school life. i told him all about how I had just moved to the city and how exciting it was for me and my family. in return, he told me about how he had lived here all his life with his grandparents; he had loved bike riding since he was a young boy and had been into it since.

we reached a small looking diner that had a huge sign fixed on the front; it was a bright blue colour with flashing red and white accents that danced in your eyes when you looked at it. I was completely mesmerised; it looked beautiful here at night.

"beautiful, isn't it?" river gently stated, staring at the shining colours also. he grabbed my hand and dashed over to the door of the diner. we pushed through the glass door, immediately being greeted by the smell of grease and milkshakes. river walked in front of me and slid into a booth next to the window. it had red leather seats and a pine wood table; laying on top of it was a pristine looking menu. I sat down on the seat opposite him, as I done so I noticed him looking at me in a flattering manner.as I was about to open my moth and ask him about it an elderly woman in a 60s waitress style outfit strolled up t the booth. I gave her a ;polite smile as she approached.

"what would you kids like to order today?" she asked in a kind voice. river grabbed the menu from the table, looking down at it deciding what he wanted to drink.

"I'll have a strawberry milkshake and fries please Maureen!" he replied, averting his gaze intp me.

"o-o-h and I'll have a vanilla milkshake please" I asked.

"that will be ready with you shortly, isn't young love so beautiful!"

I blushed a her sweet sounding comment, "I wish" river murmured to himself. i looked at him with a blank stare.

"I said that out loud, didn't I?" I nodded at his nervousness

"well, I-it could be that, I thought this was our first date?" I said to him innocently. his eyes grew wide and a paisley pink blush arose of his pale cheeks. he smiled warmly and grabbed my hands, holding them gently.

"well then y/n, if this is our first date will you do the honour of being my girlfriend" river asked me. looking directly into my eyes, analysing the them like the ocean.

"of course river, I would love to be!"