Chapter 29

After Soranto had taken to the skies, the empress was still a little shocked by Daniel's kiss. However she couldn't deny that she'd felt something from it. He was a wonderful person, truly one of the most intelligent warlocks that she'd ever known. She was so busy worrying about others, she'd never thought of having a mate. Never thought of him in that way, until now. It was mainly due to being such good friends with Zeta. 

The more she thought about it, the more it had made sense to her. She held nothing against love and relationships. Whoever she would be with had to understand magick and her way of life. There were times she'd be gone for days at a time. 

     Daniel lived that same way of life. He made more sense than anyone else she knew. It helped that he was attractive. His dark blonde hair and waterfall blue eyes were quite adorable, she thought.

It also helped that Jim seemed to have a thing for Trinity as well. Thank the goddess of karma for that one. She wouldn't want to be the cause of trouble with in the brethren. Thousands of other thoughts exploded ihn her mind.

How would this work? Would he come to goblin's hollow or would she go there? How often would they get to see each other? What if it didn't last, would it cause problems in the future?

       Then her logical side came to the rescue.

It was one kiss, not a bonding ceramony lasting for eternity, relax. 

She took slow breaths, trying to calm herself. Just see what happens. She glanced over to Trinity, who had been watching the ground below them. As her thoughts wandered, she thought to send a message to him. A little thank you note. She wasn't sure how to move forward from here. After a few miles, the dragon began to pick up speed.

  "You two doing okay bgack there?" 

"I'm fine." Trinity answered him.

"Yes." The empress replied after a moment.

"Good we'll be to your castle shortly." He informed them. 

"Really? She's right you really are a fast and excellent flyer." Trinity complimented him.

"Thank you, it's nice to be appriciated." 

"I love you too dragon." The empress said.

"I feel the same, empress.

Three minutes later he landed them just before the castle.

"There you are," He said to them.

The two climbed down and Trinity hugged and thanked him before going home to her cottage.

"It was good to fly with you again, I've missed it." Ralvania told him. 

"Me too. I'll be willing to fly again, just send the gargoyle." He told her.

She nodded, telling him goodbye as he flew off to his own home with Kadrid.