Prologue

(y/n) POV

"C...Cold." I said as I shivered in a dark alley, I began to cough up blood and fell over in pain. "Don't worry you're going to be alright." A woman said as she rushed to my side and elevated my head before I passed out.

Tamayo POV

"You poor poor thing, you must be in so much pain." I said as I petted his head before I picked him up and carried him back to my house.

(y/n) POV

I slowly began to wake up, "How are you feeling?" A woman asked, "Hurts." I said weakly, "Where does it hurt?" She asked I pointed at my chest. She put something on my chest, it was cold at first. "You are going to be just fine. I'm going to give you some medicine so you will get better." She said as she gave me a shot, "Where are your parents little one?" She asked, "Parents?" I said in confusion, "I think I understand now, you were abandoned weren't you little one?" She said I just looked at her in confusion, "I know what it is like to be alone. Nowhere to go and nothing to belong to." She said, "What is your name little one?" She asked, "(y/n)." I said, "I am Tamayo." She said, "Tamo." I said, "If you would like I can give you a place to belong, I can give you a home." She said, "I cannot replace your family, but I can give you a home to call your own." She said. She was so nice and caring. She helped me when no one else would. She made me feel safe. "Mama." I said almost on instinct, she looked almost shocked for a second before she regained her composure, "I see, you want someone to care for you...and I am more than willing to do this for you." She said with a warm, kind, and caring smile before I hugged her, "(y/n) as your mother I will not lie or hide anything from you. I will tell you a secret about myself and then I will let you decide for your self if you truly wish for me to be your mother." She said as she sat me across from her, "(y/n) I am not a human, I am a demon who has lived for centuries." She said calmly, I just looked at her in confusion, "Mama." I said, "Even knowing that I am a demon you would still have me as your mother." She said as she hugged me, "You are so innocent little one. I promise you I will do my best to maintain that innocence." She said sweetly as I hugged her back.