Chapter 6

(y/n) POV

Its been eleven years since Asami gave me my final test, and finally, I understood what it was I needed to do. "Water Breathing. Improvised Eleventh form: Dead Calm." I said as I tapped the tip of my blade on the water's surface sending a single ripple through the river clearing away all the alterations Asami had made to the river fall apart restoring its natural flow, "After eleven long years, you finally found the solution." Asami said, "Water Breathing is the closest breathing style to spatial breathing. And its eleventh form is derived from the secret form of spatial breathing that I shall demonstrate for you now." she said as he drew her sword and took her stance, "Spatial breathing. Ultimate form: Blackhole." she said as she slashed a tree and cut it in half along with the surrounding trees obliterating them. "It took me fifteen years to develop this attack, and that's after I left the corp." she said, "It's time for Final Selection. You missed the last one a month ago, however, I have no doubts that you will pass the Final Selection easily, so during the Final Selection you are not permitted the use of your dominant hand." she said, "I like the challenge." I said.

I made the journey to Fujikasane Mountain for Final Selection. "Welcome, you will be required to survive these demon-infested woods for seven days." a girl said. Once she and her sister finished talking all the initiates rushed into the woods. There were thirty-five of us who entered those woods that night, and seven days later, only one walked out alive.

I selected my ore and returned home.

"I'm back." I said, "DARLING!" a girl shouted as she ran to me and tried to hug me, but I moved out of the way, "YOU'RE SO MEAN DARLING!" she said as she got up.

" I said, "DARLING!" a girl shouted as she ran to me and tried to hug me, but I moved out of the way, "YOU'RE SO MEAN DARLING!" she said as she got up

"Welcome home." she said, "Aoi, it's been a while." I said, "Darling might I ask you a question?" she asked as she held onto my arm, "You can ask me anything." I said, "Why haven't you asked me to marry you yet? I've been patiently waiting for you." she said, "Aoi, I like living too much to ask." I said, "Welcome home (y/n)." Asami said, "It's good to be home." I said, "I've sent in a special request for your Nichirin blade." she said, "Asami, did you know I was going to be the only one to survive Final Selection?" I asked, "No, but I knew you would survive." she said, "Come your mother and I have prepared a feast for you to celebrate." she said.

"Welcome home my dear." Mother said, "It's good to be back." I said as I hugged her.

Fifteen days later my sword arrived, Asami accepted it on my behalf since no one could know about Mother. "(y/n) this is your final Nichirin blade, use it well." Asami said as I drew my sword and watched as its color changed to jet black.

" Asami said as I drew my sword and watched as its color changed to jet black

"It has no guard." I said, "That's right, a guard would only hinder you." she said, "(y/n)! Let's go out tonight! It is the last time I'll get to see you right?" Aoi said, "Fine you win." I said with a sigh making my mother laugh, "It seems like just the other day you two were bickering over the smallest things, and now look at you, practically joined at the hip." Mother said, "She's right." Aoi said as she held onto my arm.

"That Udon was so good!" Aoi said, "Aoi." I said as I stopped walking, "Darling?" she said, "You there. Why are you hunting Aoi." I said coldly, "So you noticed me then. I want her Marechi." the demon said as he walked out into the open.

" the demon said as he walked out into the open

"Aoi, stay behind me." I said as I pulled her behind me before drawing my blade, "I'll never hand her over to you." I said, "THEN DIE!" the demon shouted as he rushed towards me, but I cut his arms off and kicked him away, the force from my kick caused him to vomit blood, "You're strong for a brat!" he said as he regenerated his arms a wiped the blood from his mouth, "Blood Demon Art...SHRAPNEL STORM!" he shouted as the bones protruding from his arms and chest launched towards us, "Spatial Breathing. Second form: Event Horizon." I said calmly as I slashed turning the projectiles to dust, "First form: Shooting Star!" I said as I lunged towards the demon and stabbed at him, but he dodged, I smirked slightly as I appeared in front of him just before he fell to pieces. "Blood Demon Art. Skeletal Substitution." the demon said as he appeared behind Aoi, "AOI!" I shouted, "(Y/N)!" Aoi shouted in fear before the demon covered her mouth, "LET HER GO!" I shouted as the demon dug his claws into her arm, "I'll kill you." I said coldly, "Aoi, I need you to close your eyes for me and whatever you do, do not open them until I tell you to." I said as I took my stance, "Spatial breathing. Ninth form: Meteorite Thrust!" I said as I lunged towards the demon before completely changing direction, "Total Concentration, Spatial breathing. Fifth form: Sunlight Spear." I said as I stabbed the demon in the neck and cut his head off. "AOI!" I said as I threw my sword to the ground and tore her from the demon's corpse, "Aoi." I said, "You saved me like always darling. That's why I love you." she said with a warm smile, "Aoi, let's get married. I don't care if your mother will want to kill me! I love you and I want to be by your side forever!" I said, "I want that as well." she said before she kissed me.

"MASTER!" I said as I prostrated myself before Asami, "I HUMBLY ASK FOR YOUR TO LET ME MARRY YOUR DAUGHTER!" I said, suddenly I heard something snap, "What did you just say?" Asami said as she drew her sword, "Oh no." I said worriedly.

Tamayo POV

"AFTER ALL I'VE DONE FOR YOU! THIS IS HOW YOU THANK ME! I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD AND BOTH SWORDS!" Asami shouted as she chased my son around the yard, "L-Lady Tamayo." Aoi said, "Yes what is it dear?" I asked, "I'd like your permission to marry your son." she said, "Aoi, you didn't have to ask. I could think of no better wife for my child than you." I said as Asami chased (y/n) out of the barrier, "I better go stop Mother from killing him." Aoi said, "Be careful dear." I said as I hugged her, "I will. Thank you." she said before she left.