Chapter 2 - Sarah

POV - Sarah

Warnings: Verbal Fighting and Mentions of other fighting

Word Count: 3204

A/N (2020): Okay, so yes there is another chapter focused on Sarah. There is a reason, I swear. Please see the end of chapter author's note for more info. 

-Begin Chapter-

Thanks to Daniel's amazing, and slightly scary, driving, I arrived at work a few minutes early, which was a miracle. Ever since the boys got kidnapped, work had become one of the least important things to me. Just over a month ago, I had no issues at all with getting to work on time and working hard, with all this extra stress though...it's been awful. I'm surprised my store owner hasn't fired me yet. Thankfully, my managers have all covered for me but I know they can only do so much for so long.

I quickly leaned over the center console and gave Daniel a sweet kiss before I turned and got out of the car, promising that I would see him after work. I was going to take an Uber home since Daniel had a late-night showing with a client and couldn't pick me up.

Ever since Daniel sold the Sidemen their house, Daniel's boss decided to trust him with more valuable properties and higher-level clientele. This meant more money but also more stress but Daniel was determined to push himself and handle it. Occasionally, I would help him sometimes, calling potential buyers and sellers, making appointments, and helping to make sure Daniel doesn't forget anything or anyone. Some people would think this extra stress, and along with everything else going on, would be too much for me. Though, I found the work I was doing for Daniel very soothing. It wasn't always easy or calm but it was something I had control over, in a weird way. Plus it was stuff I could do while I was at the Sidemen house, I just had to close off a few doors or go to the pool house if I had to make any important phone calls. Sometimes, when I have important calls to make, Harry will join me and snuggle with me or put his head in my lap while I did my work. There were a few times that either Tobi, Josh, or Simon joined as well, they didn't snuggle with me or Harry though. They usually just sat there, watching me shower Harry with affection while I talked on the phone or typed on the laptop Daniel lent me. I was always either playing with the young boy's hair or lightly scratching his back, enjoying the soft sounds of content he made. I guess being ambidextrous does have its perks sometimes.

Honestly, I would have quit the cafe and chose to be Daniel's assistant full time, especially since it would allow me more time to spend with the Boys, but to do that, his real estate firm would have to hire me, which of course, they didn't want to. Even though Daniel proved how hard I worked and everything, which wasn't hard to do with the number of calls his clients had made to his boss, telling him how much they appreciated mine and Daniel's hard work. Instead, my partner's boss told him that he could use one of the secretaries at the office to do all his appointments and such. Daniel politely declined and decided to just pay me under the table for my work. 

From what Daniel told me, the two secretaries at his office were twins who did more gossiping and fliting than working, which he did not appreciate, plus he was sure both of them had a crush on him, which he didn't like either, even before I came into his life. Of course, this information didn't sit well with me but I knew I could trust Daniel. He was barely at the office these days anyway, he didn't have time. He was too busy doing his job and taking care of me.

I let out a soft sigh as I thought about how much Daniel had done for me, the guilt weighing on me heavily. I closed the door of his car quickly and practically ran into the cafe without a second thought, trying to run away from my negative emotions. 

I'm sure my partner realized that something was wrong and normally, he would have got out of the car and went after me, but he had an extremely important closing for a house he had to get to, luckily for me. I'm sure he will talk to me about it later.