Chapter VI

Weeks later, Chloe sat in the bathroom looking down at a stick that had two bars on it. Chloe knew she hadn't been feeling well lately and she thought she just ate something bad or caught a virus since it was going around in school but when the throwing up kept occurring at odd times, Chloe knew that something was different. Chloe stared down at the positive pregnancy test at a loss for words. She knew that having unprotected sex with Beca wasn't the smartest idea but at the time, Chloe didn't think anything of it. She just wanted Beca so badly and the way Beca looked at her hungrily, Chloe didn't think of anything else but letting Beca have her way with her.

Now, Chloe regretted it. Not having sex with Beca but having sex unprotected. Chloe knew she had to tell Beca and she was so nervous about it because Beca still wasn't talking to Chloe. She kept ignoring the redhead and sometimes went out of her way to ignore her as well. Each time Beca rejected her, a little piece of Chloe's heart chipped away. It hurt but deep down Chloe hoped that Beca would come around. She knew Beca was stubborn but perhaps telling Beca about her baby would have changed that. Chloe didn't want to tell her parents - not just yet anyway. She wanted to talk to Beca first so they could try and come up with a plan. Chloe hoped more than anything that Beca would be supportive of her but unfortunately, telling Beca only made things worse.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Beca snapped loudly.

"Beca, calm down!"

"No, I won't calm down! Fucking Hell, Chloe!"

"Why are you getting so angry? This is your doing as well!"

"Because I don't want a fucking baby! I'm just a kid!"

"So am I but we had sex and this happened!"

"Fucking Hell..." Beca paced angrily in the bike shed, raking her hand through her hair. "I can't do this."

"What?"

"I can't do this."

"Beca, you HAVE to do this. This is YOUR baby."

"I don't have to do shit, Chloe!" Beca stopped and glared at the redhead. "I'm too young to be a parent and I can't afford to be one either."

"Oh, and you think I'm fine to be a teenage mom?"

"Listen, Chloe, I'm not doing this, okay? Do what you want with the baby. Keep it. Get rid of it. I don't care. Just leave me out of it."

Chloe felt her heart sink into her stomach. "Get... get rid of it? B, Beca... This is your baby."

"It's not alive, Chloe, so don't get so sentimental."

"Beca, it will be! It'll be born and grow into an adult one day! How can you be so callous and cold? This is your CHILD!"

"I don't care, Chloe! Just leave me alone, okay?" With that, Beca turned on her heel and left the bike shed and when she was gone, Chloe broke down into tears and she was so distraught that she left school early with the excuse of feeling sick and for the first time, Chloe was glad her morning sickness kicked in when she saw the nurse.

When Chloe got home, she went into her bedroom and cried, cursing at Beca and wishing that she had never pursued the brunette.

"Aubrey was right..." Chloe uttered. "I never should have tried with Beca. I should have just left her alone or else this wouldn't have happened. I'm sorry, baby..." Chloe put her hands on her stomach. "I'm sorry your mom is such an asshole. I don't know what I'm going to do but I'll do my best, okay? We'll ride the storm together..."

"Chloe?" Mrs. Beale poked her head through the girl's door. "Who are you talking to?"

Chloe froze and her mother saw Chloe's hands on her stomach.

"Are... are you pregnant?"

Chloe couldn't hold it in anymore. She nodded as she broke down again and Mrs. Beale was quick to take her daughter into her arms and calm her.

"Is it Beca's?" She asked softly.

Chloe nodded again. "I'm such an idiot..."

"Does Beca know?"

"Yes, but she doesn't want anything to do with me or the baby. She... she said that she didn't care what I did with it. She... she didn't even care if I got rid of it..."

Mrs. Beale's heart broke for her daughter and it took everything in her not to cry.

"I'm scared, mom. I have no idea what to do. I'm not ready to be a parent."

"I know, honey. I know."

"What do I do?"

"Well, before we do anything, we need to tell your father that you're pregnant."

"With Beca's baby?"

Chloe and her mom looked up and saw Mr. Beale standing in the doorway.

"Daddy..." Chloe uttered. "I'm sorry, daddy..."

"It's alright, chicken. It's all going to be alright." Mr. Beale walked over to his daughter and hugged her as she sobbed into his chest.

"I'm scared, daddy... I have no idea what to do. Beca doesn't want anything to do with me or the baby. She hates me."

"You leave Beca to me, okay? Your mother and I are going to help you."

"I don't want to get rid of the baby. I... I just can't."

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to do, chicken. This is your baby and if Beca has that childish mentality, then she's going to get a rude shock when I speak to her."

"What are you going to say?"

"I'm not sure yet but I'll figure it out."

Chloe's parents held onto the girl and comforted her until her tears were no more. Chloe didn't want her parents to find out so soon but she was glad they did. Chloe had no idea how she was going to tackle pregnancy, especially if she was going to do it alone but she knew that her parents would take care of her and be there for her. Chloe couldn't have asked for a better set of parents. She just hoped that Beca would listen to her dad and they would finally work something out.

Despite Beca hurting her over and over again, Chloe still wanted to raise her baby with Beca and form some kind of relationship with her. Chloe wasn't expecting a romantic relationship but at least something so they could raise their baby together. Chloe knew it was a long-shot but one of Chloe's best qualities was that she always held out hope and usually, it all worked out in the end.