1

remember when we first met ? you said light my cigarette

Hongjoong sighed with tired eyes, raising his hand in attempt to wipe the tiredness from his being. His strawberry lollipop held firmly in between his lip and his head placed gently on his arm that rested on the desk in front of him.
  In retrospect he should've been more responsible when it came to his sleep schedule. The strawberry haired boy staying up far passed the midnight hours along side his room mate jeong yunho. The two making a their insomnia a competition saying ' whoever slept first did the chores for a week'. Again not his smartest idea but at least now chores wasnt on his agenda for the following week.

He sat himself up in the chair fully, stretching his arms well above his head listening to the satisfying crack of his joints. Fellow classmates turning their heads over. Some outwardly expressing their annoyance, some brushing it off and others chuckling.

Joong liked it like this. It was the whole reason for him being in seoul in the first place. No one knew his name, no one knew his face. Not a single pre conceived idea of who he was based on his family origins And he liked that.
    He liked passing by the same faces everyday and remaining unknown to them. Not having to worry about people sucking up to him once they found out he came from money and not rags.
  His first and only class of that day came to a halt. The teacher dismissing her students wishing them the best of their weekends, reminding them their papers were due.

" hongjoong, can you stay after class a bit ?" He heard his professor ask him. Placing his books back into his bag he nodded. Slinging the black strap over his shoulder, sitting on one of the desk as he waited for his professors words.

"Recently ive been very impressed with your work." Hongjoong nodded waiting for her to continue " the end of the year show case is coming up, now normally i only nominate my seniors but the work you've shown has far surpassed my standards. For that i've nominated you as a contestant ."

Hongjoong was lost for words his mouth agape as he tried processing what he had been told. A wide smile plastered itself on his features. Hoping of the desk he bowed to his teacher before happily thanking her.
"I promise ms. Yoo, you wont regret this!" The teacher chuckled at the smaller boy's excitement.

" id better not, now if you'd excuse me i have somewhere to be.  Oh and good luck hongoong." And with that she walked out of class. hongjoong nodded. walking out of the class behind her, a sudden pep to his step. not having to do chores in his dorm, having more than just ramen in his pantry, getting nominated for the end of the year showcase, happy was an understatement for him.

feeling joyous, he decided to take a longer way to his dorm. loving the way the sun felt on his skin. he kept his hands inside of his pockets his ear buds placed firmly in his ears.  he unwrapped  another strawberry lollipop from his bag, placing the sugary ball in his mouth.