Uno

Blood dribbled from his talons; the crimson joy smeared over his amber feathers. Davit bent his neck down to lap up the pool of blood, relishing in its familiar metallic taste.

A squawk escaped from his beak, sending a shiver of fear up the backs of the man and woman who sat huddled and bloodied in the corner of the room.

Where were they? How had this happened to them? One moment they were safely asleep in bed, the next they were wishing to go home. Were they even still in their house?

Davit had done his job. The woman's eyes were healing nicely although she'd never be able to see again. He thought that her husband's eyes fit her better, the stark contrast of the fiery green against her raven hair.

If the two ever had a child Davit was sure it would be hypnotizing in looks, perhaps not attitude on the contrary, if it was raised by these ignoramuses.

All of a sudden, one of the putrid humans tried speaking to Davit, a mistake worthy of chastisement.

"P-please, why would you do this?" the man asked, his wife breaking into hysterics.

Davit glanced at the woman's pale cheeks, now stained with sanguine regret. The urge was too strong for Davit.

"I created those tears," he mused, a smirk would have tugged at his lips if he had any.

Davit glided over to the woman, landing in her lap and studying her for a moment. Her husband, completely unaware of his lover's current predicament, propelled himself up from the floorboards and fumbled around for a telephone.

Mrs. Bavard was in shock. She could not move or bat Davit away. Doing anything at this point would be futile anyhow, as it would anger the hawk further.

Davit's tongue poked out of his bill, scooping up each beautiful drop of blood and water. This only made her weep harder, the feel of the bird's slimy tongue made her gag... made her want to die. Davit continued at a ravenous pace. As the Mrs. continued to provide the drink, Davit continued to quench his thirst.

Shrill sirens wailed from down the street, Davit's head twirling behind him to glance out of the open window. Blue and red fluorescent lights danced in his vision, momentarily mesmerizing him.

The noises and lights advanced on his mind, and Davit knew he must leave.

"Soon," he contemplated, "soon I will show the world my purpose yet again."