Alive

Next morning,

Karan kissed her forehead.

Karan: Have a nice day babydoll..

Preeta: I'll come back soon..

Karan: I know... Main intezaar kruga..

She waved at him and left for college according to him. She sat in the park doing her work. On the other hand, Rehaan and Maya were working on confirmation of Mona's identity as Mrs. Luthra.

Preeta(on call) : Ha Maya..

Maya: We've convinced her for video call.. Aaj sb confirm hojayega..

Preeta took a deep breath.

Preeta: All the best.. And thank u for everything...

Maya and Rehaan: Hum dost h tere.. Aur dosti mein no sorry.. No thank u..

Preeta smiled.

Maya: Hum confirm krke call krte h.. Hope hum sahi ho..

Preeta : Okay..

She hanged up and went to nearby church. She started lightning the candles.

Preeta(closing her eyes) : I hope sab thik ho..

Maya: Rehaan.. Tu kr skta h.. Take a deep breath..

Rehaan: Agar main bich mein atak gya na.. Use shak hojayega..

Maya(hugging him) : Kuch nhi hoga.. Shaant hojao..

Dhundla jaye jo manzilen..
Ek pal ko tu nazar jhuka..

Preeta went to the city library.

Librarian: How can I help you?

Preeta: Actually I wanted some documents of three years back..

Librarian: There's a office on top floor.. We have news articles here.. But for documents.. You have to go there..

Preeta: Thank u very much..

She went to the top floor and was looking for something. She took a printout of Karan's death certificate. Tears rolled down her cheek as she hugged the paper to her heart. She was looking for Kiara's too but it was not there. It was no where.

Jhuk jaye sar jahan wahi..
Milta h rab ka raasta..

Preeta(confused) : Kiara Luthra.. Why the hell there is no record of Kiara.. News mein toh yahi likha hua tha.. But..

She went down to library and started reading all the news articles written over that incident. Each had different story, but only one conclusion that Karan killed Kiara and their mother and committed suicide. She had Mrs. Luthra's and Karan's death certificates but Kiara's was nowhere to be found.

Preeta(in tears) : Kya.. Kiara zinda.. Kiara zinda ho skti h.. Kiara..

Teri kismat tu badal de..
Rakh himmat.. Bas chl de..

She remembered Karan talking about her, how close she was to her and maybe, she was alive, may be, she survived that incident. Preeta ran out of the library and sat in her car wiping her tears.

She went to the graveyard and took slow steps inside. She could definitely see lots of good and bad souls wandering there looking at her. She saw Karan's grave in tears and sat down. She caressed his name written and kissed it in tears.

Beyond Destiny✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें