N furrowed his brows, trying to make sense of Rina's determination. Of course, he thought, she loved her trainer and would do anything for the girl, but it was also the thrill of a fight that she enjoyed greatly – as one would enjoy a hobby.

"Raaa!" The Lucario fired an aura sphere, the ball of energy slamming into Seismitoad and knocking it into a wall of ice. It refused to get up after that.

Rina handled Eelektross, the next opponent, with no problem until she lost to Drapion. Cobalt volunteered to join the battle, fighting on par with the scorpion. He was able to toughen out the constant earthquakes thrown his way, but relied on sacred sword to end this round. When Toxicroak appeared with a brick break prepared, Cobalt had to back out. "Let N fix you up." Rosa practically ordered the Cobalion, leaving no room for protest. He, along with Viri and Terra, headed over to the green-haired man. "Yomo!" Her Ampharos jumped in, releasing a massive discharge that coated the field in front of her and zapped the frog.

Ghetsis commanded a poison jab. Toxicroak's hands turned a bright purple before trying to jab at Yomo. She blocked each hit with thunderpunch until she found an opening to jam her attack into her opponent's side, which effectively paralyzed it. Yomo spun and roughly smacked Toxicroak away with her tail, defeating it. "Hydreigon! You better not let me down!" The three-headed dragon released a growl after being sent out. It chomped at the air, wild eyes glancing between Yomo and Ghetsis, as if wondering which one was its battle opponent. It didn't sit right with Rosa. She read that such a pokémon could become a brute in the wrong hands.

Yomo readied herself, shooting a rock gem. Unfortunately, Hydreigon fired dragon rage to destroy the rock-type move, but its attack continued to rush forward until Yomo was struck. Rosa winced, taking out the Ampharos's capture device. "Please, return!" She received a nod of understanding.

Jano perked up, joining his beloved trainer's side. 'My lady, I shall end this battle once and for all.' Rosa stared into his determined eyes before smiling, pointing ahead.

"Right! Start off with frenzy plant!" The Serperior's tail dove underground, followed by big, thorny vines bursting into the open and striking his foe with full force, knocking the breath out of the three-headed dragon. "Go in for a leaf blade!" Jano slithered up and over the vines he created, using them as cover for a stealthy attack.

"Get up and use frustration!" Growling lowly in its trainer's direction, Hydreigon resumed its flight, looking around for Jano. As the snake jumped out of hiding, it took notice and lowered itself. Then, it caught him in its maw, even latching on with its hands, biting down hard. Jano hissed in pain, his leaf blade fading away. To make matters worse, Hydreigon was treating him like prey, itching to tear into his flesh.

Rosa winced, eyeing her starter pokémon. It wouldn't be pretty if he thrashed around too much. "Jano, go with giga drain instead!" A green flash of light surrounded the grass-type before engulfing his opponent, zapping away all of the energy it had left. He was released after a moment. "Alright, buddy, finish it off with leaf blade!" With that, Jano swinging his tail and grounding the Hydreigon, the battle was over.

Returning his pokémon, Ghetsis grabbed a fistful of his hair. "This can't be... I'm the creator of Team Plasma! I'm... I'm perfect!" He began to mumble strings of curses and incoherent sentences, shaking in rage. Rosa called her Serperior over and hugged him gently, the others approaching them.

N regarded his old man with pity. "It's hard to call you this, but... father, please understand. Pokémon are not tools. They and humans take each other to greater heights." He smiled at the pokémon with him and Rosa. "They are our wonderful partners. Some humans understand this. Why can't you?"