Ch.18 | Spooks

I decided to make Rosa 15 for now and Hugh 16.

I don't know how many times I mentioned her age in-story, but I could only remember one in "The Electric Gym, and Abusive Pricks" so I was able to locate and change it very quickly. I don't really feel like looking through the whole story right now.

Image by - Konekotaku on Deviantart

. .: :. .

"I should tell you why I brought you here." Professor Juniper stretched after exiting the plane, looking over at Rosa. The girl covered her mouth as she yawned, then nodded for the professor to continue. "Cheren told me that a group of people calling themselves Team Plasma are planning to use legendary pokémon to take over the Unova region. As you may know, in Unova, there are two legendary dragons – Reshiram and Zekrom..." Her eyes darted to the sky for a second. "But, two years ago, they each recognized a trainer as a hero. To this day, they should still be with them."

Rosa's eyes widened. "Are you sure?!"

Surprised by her sudden outburst, Professor Juniper nodded. "Well, as far as I know."

"Then Hilda is out there somewhere!" She was very much relieved to know her cousin could be alive and well. With a legendary pokémon at her side, she was safe, right?

"Hilda..." The older woman knitted her brows together at the familiar name, cracking a smile. "Ah, that's right. You're related to Hilda. You're... her cousin, right?" She guessed.

"Mhm!" Rosa frantically nodded, nearly breaking her neck doing so.

"But..." Bianca spoke up, a frown on her features. "How can Team Plasma take over Unova when Reshiram and Zekrom aren't even here? What could they be planning?"

"Well, there is much we don't know about those pokémon. That's why I want to hear what Drayden has to say about this." Juniper turned to Rosa to inform that the gym leader specializes in dragon-types, so he would surely know something. "But, Drayden is a strange man, he will only talk if you manage to defeat him in battle." She sighed, unamused. "So, I would appreciate it if you could defeat him and then tell me what he says...?"

"Me?" Rosa blinked, glancing to Bianca. "U- Um, alright. I don't mind helping out."

"Thank you!" The professor beamed. "It's not best to get involved with Team Plasma to start with, but..." She shrugged as her words trailed off.

The younger girl snorted. "Trust me, I've become too involved as is."

Juniper, for a moment, saw Hilda in this girl. She didn't seem at all afraid of Team Plasma, like her cousin. "Be careful out there anyway..."

Rosa understood the professor's worry. She was still a new trainer after all, and Team Plasma was a big thing. "I will." She promised, smiling reassuringly.

Her and Bianca headed into the town. "I'm heading off to the volcano. There's a rumor of a rare fire-type pokémon there." The latter explained, leaving Rosa in front of the Pokémon Center.

"I'll catch up later!" She called after her before going inside to heal Yomo and Komori, as he had defeated Skyla's own Swoobat. Rosa waited patiently while watching people pass by the building. She was excited to encounter pokémon she had never seen before to add on to the pokédex. It was particularly warm here, despite it being winter, so fire-type and ground-type creatures were likely to be seen. Thanking Nurse Joy, Rosa exited the building and headed in the same direction Bianca disappeared to, withdrawing her dex.