Ch.33 | Defrost

Image by - rekuroBis (Deviantart)

. : . : .

A beam of dark purple energy narrowly missed Cobalt as he jumped to the side. He was thankful that Rosa had commanded him to evade, since she had noticed the attack, or else he would've gotten hit. "Terra!" She called. "Use your rock slide!"

'Got it!' The rock/fighting-type released a white ball from his mouth, which in turn struck the ceiling above Kyurem and caused piles of rocks to rain down upon it. Growling in pain, it then craned its head to freeze the rocks in place. Making use of the moment of distraction, Rosa sent Cobalt over with a sacred sword ready.

Ten minutes have gone by, but the girl and the legendary trio were holding it out just fine. It was dangerous to be this close to battle, for obvious reasons, and yet it helped a whole lot. With a sharp focus, Rosa observed Kyurem's attacks and had the others move away as soon as possible. She wanted them to be fit for whatever would come after this fight, and Viri made sure she was just as fine by keeping a safe distance and attacking from afar with magical leaf.

Rosa's eyes widened as a fusion bolt headed their way, but then Terra jumped in and stopped anything from getting worse. It was fortunate that he's part rock, as well as being bulky, so he was able to deal with the hit. The trainer smiled to herself as he shook off the electricity that coursed through him before commanding him to finish off Kyurem, who was visibly struggling. "Smack down!"

After the move collided, there was a flash and Zekrom was practically thrown out of Kyurem's body. While the black dragon was fine, albeit drained, the other one fell in defeat. Rosa exhaled afterward. "That wasn't... hard." She earned a nod of agreement from her teammates, sliding down from Viri's back to be greeted by slightly trembling legs. She opted to stretch and get some feeling back into them.

Ghetsis violently stabbed the ground with his cane repeatedly, hand gripping it tightly. "My Kyurem! All my hard work-" He then shook his head. "NO! This isn't over! I can capture it again, but first..." He raised his hand and swung it down, sticking his cane straight into the earth before taking out a poké ball. "I can't have you getting in my way again, you brat! I say we settle this once and for all!" He released a Cofagrigus.

Rosa clenched her fists before stepping forward. She was done being scared. Defeating Kyurem brought back her spark and she felt ready for anything. "Itachi!" The Weavile, refreshed, was at her side in seconds. He eyed Ghetsis, recollection flashing in his optics.

The ghost pokémon aimed a gross, black substance at him but he jumped away in time. Itachi's claws took on a black hue as he jumped forward, slashing straight down his opponent's coffin body. Thanks to the razor claw necklace hanging from around Itachi's neck, as well as night slash's critical hit ratio, Cofagrigus fainted immediately. Ghetsis was not amused as he replaced the pokémon with a Seismitoad and wasted no time in commanding a drain punch.

Unfortunately, Itachi failed to dodge it and was knocked out. Rosa ran over, kneeling down to hug him. "You were amazing! Get some rest." Kissing his forehead, she recalled the dark/ice-type.

'My turn!!' Rina gave a loud howl and took her place on the battlefield. 'I dedicate this match to my friends! Let's do this!' Her trainer smiled, which she was grateful for. The Lucario always wanted to make her and the others feel better.

The frog creature ahead snorted, much to Rina's annoyance. "Force palm!" She charged forward in the blink of an eye and laid a hand against Seismitoad's belly, delivering a shock throughout its body. Shaking it off, it heard Ghetsis's command for an earthquake. The pokémon struck the ground with a fist; big shock waves rippled from underneath the earth, which jutted out to damage Rina. The type advantage move did great damage but she was more than willing to continue.