Setting The Wolf Free - Ch 16

Start from the beginning

“You know my aim is perfect” I boast, leaning back from Kiba and trying not to blush as he sends me a subtle wink.

I smile to myself as Atsui stalks back over to us, sending Kiba daggers.

“Okay guys” I announce, eyeing all of my friends seriously. “I know not all of you may like Kiba-”

“Try none of us” Kurai pipes up sweetly, giving me a closed eye smile as she hugs Shimei’s arm. Kiba gives her a deadpan look while I sigh.

“Okay, I know that none of you like him” I correct, pulling my hand from Kiba’s and placing my hands on my hips. “But just because he’s a jerk sometimes, and he’s an Inuzuka, and he likes Dogs more than Wolves, and he’s really, really arrogant sometimes, and he likes to start fights and he-”

“Is there a point coming any time soon Angel?” Kiba asks, shoulders drooping defeatedly. I poke my tongue out and give him a sheepish grin.

“Oh! Uhh….yeah!” I confirm, before turning back to my friends. “Even though he’s all of those things, he makes me happy and I happen to l….uhh…..”

I look down at the ground, my cheeks burning with embarrassment. I’d never said I love Kiba in front of other people before, and it made me nervous. I may be better at understanding my feelings than I used to be, but that doesn’t mean it’s always easy for em to express them……

“You happen to what Ashley?” Saffire asks me knowingly, smirking at me cruelly. Seems she’s enjoying my discomfort. What a great best friend she is.

I turn my head to the side and cross my arms.

“I happen to…..love him” I mumble under my breath, making Saffire squeal excitedly and Kurai to roll her large, fuchsia eyes.

“You look so embarrassed!” Saffire laughs loudly, leaning forwards and punching me in the shoulder. “It’s just so damn cute!”

“Shut up Saffire!” I exclaim hotly, whirling around and almost smacking right into Kiba. Blinking, I look up at him with wide eyes, the blush on my face deepening at the affectionate look he’s giving me.

He places his hand on my chin and strokes my cheek with his thumb, smiling at me adorably, before releasing me and looking up at my friends.

I blink a few more times, before sighing with relief. At least he hadn’t tried to kiss me in front of everyone. I smile to myself, leaning my head against his chest. He knew me well enough to know I’d be uncomfortable if he did. He’s such a good dog…..

“Looks like you’ve gotta be nicer to me now” Kiba smirks, making Saffire and Kurai poke their tongues out at him, while Atsui just rolls his eyes and crosses his arms.

“I never had a problem with you though” Kiyumi speaks up, raising an eyebrow at the cocky brunette. I turn and grin at my sister, making her smile. People may think I’m a smartass, but she can be just as bad as me sometimes.

Shimei glances down at Kiba, before shrugging and producing another apple from his pocket and begins happily munching away on it.

“Uh Shimei?” I address, making the attractive red head pause in his eating and look down at me. “Don’t you want something else to eat? You know, besides an apple.”

Shimei shakes his head slowly, giving me a closed eye smile as he continues eating his fruit.

Atsui rolls his eyes and suddenly grabs Kiyumi by the arm, pulling her forwards.