x.

𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲:

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

Wanda and I broke up. Now was my chance. Our chance. Maybe it was too soon, but this is something I've wanted since I was 14. I drove back to Natasha's place. I knocked on her door. She opened it and immediately her eyes widened.

"What are you doing here?!" she whispered.

"Wanda and I broke up. She's not here is she?"

"Not yet. What do you want, Steve?"

"You."

"I can't. Not anymore. This, this can't happen."

"Why not?"

"One reason being you literally just broke up with your girlfriend, the horrible things that I've done to you.."

"Yeah, but we discussed that."

"Just for Wanda, then."

"She's the one who broke up with me. So tell me again why this isn't possible?"

"Because it just can't happen."

"You've done all of this to reject me? All of that work and planning and lying and scheming and now you have me and you say it can't happen?"

"I'm sorry." she closed the door.

"Dammit, Natasha," I whispered to myself as I walked back to my car.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭:

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I went back to the bar that I had gone to a few months ago. I walked in and there was that friendly bartender named Lily. She knew exactly what was going to happen before all of this even started.

"Heyyyy! Steve, right?" Lily said.

"Yeah. Nice to see you again."

"Likewise. So how'd it go with your pretty friend?"

"A drink first, please."

"On it."

I began telling her the whole story. At some point, she took out a cigarette and lit it.

"You know, and now I don't know what to do."

"Natasha sounds like she's done a lot to try and be with you," Lily said.

"She has, but today I went to her and she turned me down."

"After you cheated on your girlfriend then broke up with her."

"Doesn't sound great when you put it like that."

"Doesn't matter how you put it. It's not great. But, I don't judge. I think she's pushing you away now is because she feels bad about everything she's done, even though you've forgiven her for it. You cheated on your girlfriend with her, and your ex was her good friend, so she's probably not feeling so great right now."

"I can't lose her. Tomorrow, I'm going to her."

"Good choice."

I was convinced I'd try to change Natasha's mind and finally be with her, that is until a familiar blonde entered the bar. She walked towards me and sat down on the stool right next to me.