ix.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠:

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I woke up, remembering some, but not all of last night. There was one thing I remembered, and I was hoping it was real. I stared at the ceiling for a few minutes before deciding I was going to look and see who was curled up, partly on my chest. Please be Nat, please be Nat...wait, what are you thinking?? You didn't break up with Wanda....holy shit...you cheated on Wanda...please don't be Nat, don't be Nat...I looked and saw messy red curls. Shhhhit. I groaned, starting to panic, and in doing so, woke up Natasha. She looked up and blinked a few times before noticing it was me. Her eyes widened and she also started to panic.

"This..this happened...I thought...I thought I was dreaming and I passed out on your couch or something...I ca-this.." she got off the bed and started to put her clothes from yesterday back on, I did the same. "Shit, what about Wanda...How could I do this to her?... Oh, no...Wanda..."

"Natasha, this...this wasn't your fault..."

"Oh my god....I'm horrible..." she mumbled. "I really don't deserve this now.....Steve.." I looked at her.

"You..you should go...I feel terrible......Steve....you should.....go...please...don't call me...just...go."

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

Steve wasn't home yet...and I think I know what happened. I don't want to get angry at him for it, he did what I suggested he do...just skipping the part where he breaks up with me first. I've been asking myself lately why I'm being so forgiving towards people, and I think it's because of Vision...how horrible he was to me, and that if kind people make mistakes, that it's normal, and you should forgive them and move on. And, Nat and Bucky's plan worked on me too, I was just less affected than Steve. If we broke up, let me correct myself...when we break up, I probably will take up Bucky's offer. I heard the door open. I walked to the living room where I saw a fairly disheveled and hungover-looking Steve.

"Hi," I said.

"Hey....look, Wanda.."

"There are only two explanations of what could've happened last night. One, you got too tired or drunk and crashed at Nat's. Or, you guys physically revealed your true feelings about each other...with a little bit of help from the alcohol." He inhaled sharply then sighed.

"Option two."

"That's what I thought."

"I'm so sorry...these past few weeks I've been horrible to you, and you deserve better. You're really great, Wanda, but-"

"Let me save you the trouble since I see you prepared a whole speech. I think it's a good time for us to break up."

"Me too. And I do love you, Wanda, but not in that way. I realize that now."

"So do I. Friends?"

"Friends."

"I'll head back to Nat's tonight."

"I don't know if she'll be there." I raised an eyebrow.

"She will."

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇