Get the London Look

"Reece, sweetheart, get up, we have to make it to the airport on time!" Ugh, I've never been a morning a person. Even during my first year of college I never had a class that started before twelve for that reason, I just can't stand any form of human interaction before then. But, today was different! I was going to London to do my British literature class! Something I have been dreaming of doing for as long as I could remember, and I was surely not going to miss my flight!
"Reece, wake up, we can't be late for this." I love my Mom, but every time I do something that she's nervous about, she tends to be overbearing.
"I'm up, please stop yelling at five in the morning." I chuckle a little at the thought that she's probably downstairs over caffeinated, and running around like crazy trying to make sure I have everything I need.
I roll out of bed, put on my glasses, and head straight for the bathroom. I need to take a shower before I do anything else. The smell of coconut, and vanilla take over as I step out of shower. My thoughts are interrupted-
"Reece Ariel Gibbs, if you do not hurry up, you're going to late" I roll my eyes, but as soon as I look at the time my mom was right, it was now 5:30 my plane leaves at 8, and with how terrible TSA is with international flights I needed to get there at least by 6:45, 7 at the latest! I change into leggings and a sweatshirt, sure I might be going to London, but I will be comfortable for a 12 hour flight. I managed to tame my curls, put on some mascara, and rush downstairs to at least have a cup of coffee with Mom before we had to leave.
"So, before we leave, we need to talk about how cute those British boys are sweetheart!" I roll my eyes at the thought.
"What's there to talk about Mom, I'm going there for my studies, not to fall in love with some dude halfway across the world." I smile at my mom, she might be my mom, but she has always been more like my best friend.
"Honey, what your mom is trying to say, is be open to new experiences, you never know what could happen. It is London" my Dad says with a wink.
"Yeah, sure. Mom is 6:15 we have to leave" I look at her worried.
"Oh, your right. We better leave then, babe We'll be home soon. We love you" mom says we as if I will be coming back home with her, and not across the world.
"I love you so much Dad, and thank you for making this possible for me"
"Of course sweetheart. I love you, and remember. Be open Reece, you've always had a problem with that." I roll my eyes, and give him a big hug.
We finally make it to the airport at 6:45 and I'm immediately greeted by my best friend Bethany.
"Here's some mascara my mom wanted me to get you. She's so corny. It's Rimmel, and she wanted me to tell you. Get the London look. How freaking corny is that shit." I think it's funny, but terribly corny.
"I love your mom dude, alright well we need to head through the gates so we make it on time." I look at her worriedly because we're already behind schedule.
"Don't get your panties in a wad Reece, London will always be there!" She smiles. Beth is the carefree to my worry. We balance each other out.
I give my mom one last hug, and we head through the gates, who knows that this semester will bring, but I'm ready for it.

Alright!!!! This is my first story!!! Hopefully, y'all like it! I'm kinda nervous about posting this, but I've been wanting to do a story for a while! Lol anyways please let me know what you think about Reece so far?? She's kind of  boring, but I promise it will all be explained throughout the story, and you'll understand why she is the way she is!!
Lots of love
Lovergirl2974