3

***Trigger warning. The next two chapters may make some readers uncomfortable. If you have issues with doctors, you may wish to skip these.***

"So, what's your name, girl?"

The nurse didn't bother to look at me as we stepped into the elevator and she lifted her tablet.

"Elise Carson."

"Date of birth?"

"July twenty-third, twenty-fifty."

She rattled on with the basic questions I had answered on the computer as the elevator descended. Considering I had entered on the ground floor, it was a bit strange to be going down.

When we finally came to a halt and the doors slid open, the hallway ahead of us was as different from the one we had left as it could get.

Where the previous hall was the dingy, off-white of a tired office building, this one was a pristine white that automatically brought a hospital to mind. Brightly lit, the walls seemed to glow as the fluorescents shone off of them.

Leading me past more closed doorways, we turned down an adjoining hall before reaching an open one at the opposite end. Inside was the usual, sterile exam room.

Reclined exam table, stool, a single chair where I placed my bag, counter with a sink and various containers of medical supplies. Cold and unwelcoming.

The nurse picked up her questioning with my medical history. I had never smoked or done drugs. Never drank. No surgeries or history of medical issues in me or my family. My medical history was just as plain and boring as the rest of my life.

Except for one thing.

"How many sexual partners?"

I felt heat rush up my chest and neck to burn in my cheeks. I kept reminding myself that being a virgin was nothing to be ashamed about. It was all part of the plan, not because I was undesirable.

"None."

I had taken a seat on the exam table and was studying my hands clasped in my lap. When I flicked my gaze up to the nurse after her prolonged pause, I could see the disbelief on her face.

"You've had no sexual partners? In your entire life?"

Pulling my shoulders back, I nodded.

"That's correct."

"You realize you're about to receive a pelvic exam, and the doctor will be able to tell?"

"Yes."

The questions were a bit insulting, but I conceded that my status may be hard to believe. I didn't know a single person my age that hadn't had at least one partner.

Taking a deep breath and blowing it out, the nurse went back to tapping on her tablet.

"I guess we can skip the rest of these for now then. I need you to strip and lay on the table."

Eyes darting around, I looked for the usual paper gown and drape you wore during an exam, but none were in sight. The nurse seemed to guess what I was looking for, because she walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a pale green square barely large enough to cover the tops of my legs if I pressed them together.

"The gown is pointless because the doctor will be examining all of you and you'd just have to take it off again. His time is important, and we can't keep him waiting. Strip and cover yourself with this if you must."

Turning, she left the room, the door clicking shut behind her. Left speechless, I swallowed and slid to the floor.

Slipping my feet out of the flats I had worn, I pushed them under the chair before pulling my dress over my head. Unhooking my bra, I folded it into my dress before placing them on top of my bag.

Hesitant, I hooked my fingers into the sides of my panties. These exams were always uncomfortable, but this one was more so.

Sighing, I slid them down my thighs and stuffed them under the dress before returning to my seat on the table. One arm crossed over my chest, I fidgeted with the square in my lap until I heard footsteps outside the door.

It swung open without even a courtesy knock, the man striding in like he owned the world. Grey head held high, his white coat hung from his lanky frame. His eyes were so dark behind his glasses it was hard to see where his iris ended, and pupil began.

One side of his lips pulled up in a smirk that made shivers run down my spine, his eyes roamed over my body as he took a seat on the stool.

"I believe you were told to lay on the table."

His voice was smooth in a way that made me think of grease coating the back of my tongue. Feeling myself flush, I dropped my eyes and obediently laid back, knees pressed together as my lower legs dangled over the end.

Rolling closer, he pulled stirrups out of the end of the table, locking them into place before tapping me on the knee. Sucking in a shaky breath, I lifted my leg and let him guide my foot to the stirrup.

Both feet in place, the little square slid up to my stomach leaving me a clear view of his face between my thighs.

Core clenching in the natural instinct to protect myself, I could see the smile stretching his lips as he glanced up to my face. Eyes never leaving mine, he reached over to the counter and grabbed a pair of gloves.

"Since you told the nurse you're a virgin, I'll use my fingers for the exam. It'll be less painful for you."

My stomach churned as he moved closer and his gaze dropped back to my core. His hand moved to the top of my mound, his finger and thumb spreading my lips as his palm pressed down to hold my hips in place.

I still jerked when his other hand brushed over my clit and I could see his eyes light up as his smile grew. I could feel his finger running down the edge of each inner lip before he pressed it to my entrance.

Thrusting it in until the backs of his other fingers pressed against me, I couldn't stop the gasp when he pulled out and pushed in a second. Pressing up with the tips of his fingers, he twisted his hand back and forth before removing them.

"I'll need to use a speculum to ascertain if your hymen is still intact. You should try to relax."

After the lack of gentleness with his fingers, the thought of him thrusting the speculum into me with the same suddenness had every muscle in my body tightening.

Eyes focused on the ceiling, I jumped at the sound of a drawer opening and shutting below me. Almost to the point of panting, I was everything other than relaxed.

I jerked when I felt his hand touch the inside of my thigh and he let out a chuckle.

"Shhh. I'll go easy."