Fears and Happy Happy

Two teal eyes blinked a couple of times as the person they belonged to looked around the gray colored world. The atmosphere was dense with a mist like substance and the area was hard to breath. A small hand reached up to push through the dense mist trying to find a way out of the place to safety. He couldn't reach anything solid with his hand as he tried reaching out for something that was familiar.

The two eyes widened as something thin and boney reached out and grabbed the wrist of the young captain as he tried to step forward, pulling his left arm backwards. The young taicho stopped moving and didn't want to look backwards as he feared what he would in fact see. His throat dried up as the tension grew from not knowing what was behind him. He finally turned to look at whatever the bone thing hand belonged to.

The next thing the young taicho knew he was sitting up in bed half awake, his throat chocking as he did so. His vision was fuzzy as he looked around trying to find the person who left the indent beside him in his bed. His skin crawled with a sticky heat and his voice strained. The first time he opened up his mouth nothing came out. He pushed his lips together and swallowed again. "Kurosaki?" The boy swallowed again as his voice got louder. "Kurosaki!"

Ichigo quickly came around the corner with a towel wrapped around his shoulders and a frown spread across his face. His orange hair was dripping wet. "Toshiro?"

"Where were you! And it's Hitsugaya Taicho!" The young taicho's mouth twisted up into a frown as his eyes were wide.

The orange haired teen let out a deep sigh. "I wanted to take a shower before I went to bed. You must have dozed off while I was gone. Toshiro... are you all right?" The young taicho's head turned as he flopped down onto his side of the bed. He felt a soft blanket placed over him. "I'm going to leave the door open tonight as it is supposed to be warm tonight. You should probably try and take a shower so that you don't stink as much as you do."

Toshiro pushed his lips together before pushing himself up. He took a few steps towards the door only to freeze at the door way. Ichigo looked up at him with a frown. "You can't make it through the door, can you? Don't you feel rather nasty? I know I was sweating this afternoon."

The young taicho turned his head to look at the young man as the corners of his mouth turned down. "I don't want to leave my room. Would it be possible..."

"... what might be possible?"

"Could you bring me a small towel and a bowl of water? I can clean up that way?" Toshiro swallowed as he saw the frown on Ichigo's face deepened telling him that the orange haired teen wasn't happy with this.

"Sure." Ichigo stepped out of the room while Toshiro pulled his feet towards him and let his head drop down. His entire body relaxed and he tried not to think about the nightmare he had. Soon the details he dreamed fled his young mind. A hand tapped his shoulder causing him to suddenly jump. Turning his head he saw Ichigo with a bowl of water. "Here. Do you want me to step out of the room so you can do what you need to do?"

Toshiro looked at the other young man before turning his head away. "If you turn away and promise not to look... that would be fine." His small hands reached out for the bowl of water Ichigo brought him and carried it over to the floor in front of the bed. He then fetched himself a fresh set of under clothing and knelt down in front of the bowl in a traditional position before he began to bathe himself. When he was finished he found himself climbing into bed next to Ichigo who was reading a book.

For some reason being near Ichigo calmed him and made him feel safe.

M

A small pink blur blew through the Seireitei as the sun shown down. The small figure pulled to a stop outside of Ukitake's small house and slammed the doors open. "Good morning Ukki!"