Making the Announcement

The movements of the academy students were restricted which in turn started up a new rumor. Some of the students felt their movements were restricted because of some kind of conspiracy. A few days after returning to the academy the teachers made an announcement to the afternoon classes. Terunori sat in front of Hana two rows and slightly to the right while Hana chatted away with the friends she had made at the academy when the teacher for their morning class came in.

"A few of you have been wondering what exactly has been going on and who the enemy happened to be." This statement caused all of the students to sit up in order to pay attention. "The enemy in this particular case happens to be a group we have for over a thousand years called the Quincy. What we used to teach in the academy were that the Quincy were a tribe of humans who happened to roam the world of the living."

"The truth though is the Quincy were a group fractured away from Soul Society that was made to roam the world of the living because of a difference in opinions on what to do in regards of Hollows. We sent Hollows on their way to Soul Society while the Quincy instead completely destroyed them. Let me make it clear that destroying a Hollow upsets the balance. This is one of the reasons for the lessons we teach you and something some of the Quincy have moved away from."

"The Gotei Thirteen wishes to integrate the Quincy back into Soul Societies system."

The teacher's words caused an uproar from the students. One of the students stood up. "Sensei! Are the Quincy not our enemy? Why should we put up with them?"

"The Quincy as a group are not the enemy. That is what the Gotei Thirteen and the forty-six have decreed."

"Yes. But do you agree with them?"

The teacher remained silent for a few minutes. "The Quincy used to not be our enemy. The hope is that it can be this way again. The Gotei Thirteen admits they are taking a chance in doing this." A few of the students continued to mutter with each other. "One of the steps is to reintroduce some of the lost techniques. The other step is to form a Shinigami kid's society much in line of the Shinigami women's society and the Shinigami men's society. The taicho have asked..."

The student raised his hand again. "Is this the reason for the restriction of movement of the academy students?"

"The reason for the restriction of movement of the academy students was due to the clean up going on outside of the academy. This should be finished in a few days and the restriction of movement will in fact be removed. As I was saying. The taicho have asked for us to select a few students to participate in the Shinigami kid's society. We will be thinking carefully of our selection the next few days. Now... onto the lesson."

The tension in the classroom didn't go away and by the time the students finished their classes more gossiping was going on. Hana sought out Tenrunori with her friends. "You said you were going to ask someone about information."

"I haven't been able to speak to them because we have been restricted in our movements."

The voice of the student who kept interrupting the teacher was suddenly heard. "Don't listen to Tenrunori. Everyone knows he failed to get into the school twice and he failed last years curriculum. He has little to no chance of being selected."

"What makes you think that you will be selected Kawasawa? Tenrunori frowned at the boy. "Aren't the students in higher grades more likely to be picked then us?"

"They're going to be picking the gifted and brightest as this is a chance for them on their future career path. I've already been told that I've had promise. As for you Tenrunori... the older students laugh at you every time you say that you will be the youngest taicho ever. They don't laugh at me."