Chapter 30 - Shen Bi Ru's Shock

Start from the beginning

“Eight Methods of Pill Refinement?” Zhang Xuan’s consciousness jolts as the book appears in his mind. Indeed, he had flipped through this book previously. “If there’s anything you are unsure of, feel free to ask and I will answer your queries. However, I have to eat soon and don’t have much time to spare, so do hurry up…”

“You…”

Clenching her fists tightly, Shen Bi Ru almost faints from anger.

His tone is as though a frustrated teacher answering the questions of a student seeking clarification.

Firstly, I am a beauty. Secondly, I am a high-level teacher and one of the popular teachers of the school! If I ask you a question, it is obvious that I am testing your standards. Why does it sound like I am learning from you?

Everyone has a field of specialty that expertise in, so teachers in the academy often consult one another to learn from each other. However, as a fellow who scored zero in the Teacher Qualification Examination, what makes you think that you are qualified for me to be consulting you?

Suppressing the rage within her that is on the verge of erupting, Shen Bi Ru grinds her teeth, “Just a moment ago, I read a phrase in the book ‘If the herbs scatter, it would be difficult for the pill to form! If the herbs agglutinate, a yellow pill will form!’ I find these words a little bizarre and incomprehensible. Can Zhang laoshi clarify its meaning for me?”

When she says the word ‘clarify’, her teeth almost shatter from the intense force between them, and the sound of its grinding is clear to hear.

As a great beauty, if it isn’t to embarrass him, she would never seek guidance from a trash.

“You still want to ask questions despite that memory of yours…” He didn’t expect the other party to ask such a question. He purses his lips and replies, “The phrase should be ‘If the herbs agglutinate, it would be difficult for the pill to form! If the herbs scatter, a yellow pill will form!’ Its meaning is simple. When refining a pill, the moment that the herbal fluid or powder clumps together, it would be impossible to meld their medical properties together. On the other hand, if they are separated and mixed together thoroughly, the pill that would be formed will look like the yellows of an egg!”

After flipping through all of the books in the Compendium Pavilion, he is able to retrieve the correct method for the refinement of the pill with just a jolt of his consciousness. She might be able to stump others with such a question, but directing it towards him? What a joke!

What’s worst is that… She even recited the question wrongly! Her standard is too sub-par!

“How, you can’t reply it, can you! Ah… What did you say?”

She thought that the young man would be unable to reply her question. Not even in her dreams would she fathom that Zhang Xuan would be able to answer the question so casually. Unprepared for such a twist, Shen Bi Ru is dumbfounded, her beautiful eyes almost popping out of their sockets.

She intentionally recited the phrase wrongly so that he would offer the wrong guidance. In her viewpoint, this fellow was just making up a show in the Compendium Pavilion, not absorbing the slightest bit of knowledge in those book at all. If she were to casually whip out the contents of a book, he would be foreign to them!

Thus, she recited it inaccurately so that he would make a fool of himself!

Who knew that… he would see through her inaccurate reciting and even offered the most correct answer!