please pay attention when I am throwing things at you

The farmer handled it pretty well. For a farmer.

After I explained the other results from my scanners, like the fact she was 100% healthy like we had thought, the farmer decided that he would take a walk outside so that he could think about what just happened. So he picked up his crow, who refused to take its little black eyes off that Dairy Chicken, and took it out with him. He said that he would be back soon.

"Can you still turn my crow into something that can protect my farm?" He asked me before he left.

I shook my head. "I only had enough power in my machine for one try." I explained to him. "It's going to be awhile until I can get it recharged."

Suddenly, I had an idea. "I have an idea!" I exclaimed.

"What is your idea?" He asked.

"I have another machine that does a similar thing like the one you just saw." I said. "We could use it to transform your crow."

"Has it been tested?" He asked cautiously.

I sighed. "Yes." I said, even though it had not been.

The Farmer thought for a moment. "Ok," he said. "When I get back we'll use that machine on my crow." The Farmer turned to the chicken, who was sitting on the folding chair that I had put out for the farmer before. She was looking at her legs, kicking them back and forth, trying to make it seem like she wasn't listening to the conversation when anyone could tell that she clearly was.

"Can you keep an eye on her for me until I get back?" He asked me.

The nerve of the farmer! I thought to myself. I'm no chicken sitter. But I agreed anyway. It's not every day you get to spend time with a talking chicken.

"Sure." I shrugged. "If she's going to be here anyway, I might as well."

The Farmer turned away and went out the door, but not before pausing to take a look back at the chicken one more time. The chicken didn't seem to care about the farmer leaving. She just watched him go.

As soon as he left, a voice behind me said "Do you always lie to people like that, or do you only do that to people you don't like?"

I turned towards the source of that question. A chicken on a folder chair. She looked at me, waiting for an answer.

"What do you mean?" I asked her curiously.

The chicken stood up to her full height on the folding chair, which still only went up to around my stomach, and looked up at me.

"The machine doesn't need any more time to recharge." she answered. "I read through your notes that you left on that table." She pointed to a table all the way in the back of the house that I wasn't even sure she could see from where she was standing. On that table was a little notepad. I was even less sure how she found it. It must have been while I was explaining the results to the farmer. "Your machine only needs a few minutes to recharge. It should be ready by now. You just want to use that other machine, don't you?"

I nodded, impressed. "Ok, so I'm a liar." I admitted. "Now what makes you think I don't like the farmer?"

"That's easy." She replied. "Your shoulders tense up whenever he says something that you don't like. That seems to happen a lot. You must really not like the poor guy."

I tried to hide my surprise. I had no idea that I did that.

"You got me." I said to her with a smile. It was good to see that my machine had worked perfectly. She was definitely a very smart chicken.