Promise

Dad and mom were currently on the screen of my laptop as I laid across my bed.

"Hey, Dani. Happy's on his way over to Malibu to watch over you and all since your mother and I are going on a much deserved private cruise around. . . Alaska."

Mom smacked dad's shoulder.

"Hawaii. I meant Hawaii." Dad chuckled. "Hey? Have Happy google how much an island costs. I might want one."

"You're not buying an island, Anthony." Mom sighed.

"I'll get two. You'll get your's for Christmas, Danielle, along with that jet ski you said you wanted."

"I want a condo on the island. And a hot tub and a pool. Maybe even a jacuzzi."

"We are not spending a million dollars on an island then another thirteen grand on those things." Mom said.

"Yes we are. . ." That's when I noticed dad was looking behind me. "Danielle? Where the hell are you? I don't remember your Malibu room being that. . . bland."

"I'm not in Malibu anymore. I'm with. . . Jade. I have to go, dad, mom. Love you guys." I shut my computer and turned off the tracking chip in it. I took out the chip and stood up to leave the room when I realized Grant was standing in the doorway of the room. "Move, jerk." I tried to push pass him but he held his ground.

"Danielle, please forgive me. Everyone deserves a second chance-"

"Good people deserve a second chance. People like. . ."

"Exactly." Grant rolled his brown eyes.

"Shut up. And move!" I tried to squeeze by him but he wouldn't move. I got down on my hands and knees and tried to crawl between his legs but he wouldn't move, still. "Grant Douglas Ward! Move your ass out of my way!" I stood up and pushed against his chest.

"Danielle!" Grant raised his voice, holding his hands on my arms.

"Let me go!" This was all too overwhelming. I felt another freaking panic attack come on.

My breathing was slowing down, it felt like someone had taken my heart and lungs and squeezed them tightly to where I couldn't breath. Tears were running down my cheeks and I only knew that because I could taste them.

Everything was suddenly in slow motion and the sounds were like something in a barrel.

"WARD!" People began yelling and Grant let me go. Trip had pulled him back, now pushing him against the wall while Phil shouted at him.

"Danielle! Danielle! Look at me!" Skye was the next one to grip my shoulders.

"I-I can't breath!" I panicked even more, feeling my airways constricted.

"It's just a panic attack, Danielle!" Jemma tried to comfort me but I couldn't stop. My hands were shaking as I backed up into my room.

"I'm having a heart attack!" I collapsed to my knees, my head laying on the edge of my bed.

"You're being a bit dramatic, Danielle." Fitz said.

"Its only a panic attack-"

"Everyone, out!" Phil shouted. I kept my eyes on Grant, who was standing just outside the door. May was in the doorway with her back to Grant, serving as a block aid. "Take a deep breath and close your eyes, Danielle." Phil knelt down beside me, holding my hands.

"Phil, I- I can't believe he did this to me." I wrapped my arms around his neck, pushing my face into the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry I brought you back into this, Danielle but please. You have to help us." Phil brushed my hair back, looking into my eyes.

"I just don't want to be alone with him." I whispered.

"And you won't. Just scream or yell or even hit him if he's near you alone." Phil kissed my forehead before standing up. "Get some sleep, Danielle. We start working tomorrow."

"Okay." I nodded, wiping my cheeks.

After he left, I called Austin. I needed to talk and his voice would comfort me.

But it went straight to voicemail.

I needed to talk to someone; anyone. I called dad next.

"Hey, Danielle. What's up?"

"Dad. I just. . . I need to talk. Please." I whispered, hoping he could hear me.

"Dani, what's wrong? Where are you? Are you crying-"

"Dad. Please. Just stay on the line so I know someone will listen."

"Of course, sweetheart. You're my baby girl. I'll always listen to you. Did you have a bad night with Jade?"

"You could say that. I just had a bad dream about him." Dad knew exactly who 'him' was.

"Honey, you know its basically a death wish if he sees you again. I'll tear his ass up."

"Dad." I couldn't help but laugh at him. But my smile faded and I sighed. "Before I met him, before any of this, I never had mental issues, I never had panic of anxiety attacks. I never had PTSD. I never had that constant fear that someone would use me and lie to me."

"You know I have anxiety attacks, Dani. I've told you about that before when your mom was away. I have PTSD too from New York." Dad took a deep breath.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I guess we're just the messed up family, aren't we?"

"You could say that again." Dad chuckled.

"Hey, dad? Austin's trying to call me. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Okay. I love you, baby girl."

"Love you too, dad." I hung up then answered Austin's call.

"Hey, pumpkin. What're you doing?"

"Nothing. I just needed someone to talk to. I just got off the phone with dad and right now, I'm so happy you called." I exhaled, leaning against the wall.

"What's wrong? Talk to me, baby."

"Austin. I-I can't do this anymore." I cried, dropping my phone on to the bed as I laid down. I put Austin on speaker so I could hear him and he could hear me.

"What? You can't do what anymore?"

"Everything. The constant fear, the feeling that something bad could happen and I'd end up in the cell again. . . I can't do this. I can't live a life of constant fear and pain."

"Listen, Dani. You are the smartest, bravest, most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Please don't do anything like take your own life. You'd break my heart if you did."

I didn't say anything, I only cried more.

"Where are you, Danielle? I'll come over and hold you until you fall asleep."

"That sounds so great. But I can't. I'm- I've got things to do tomorrow. I need to get some sleep." I rolled over on to my back.

"Okay. Good night, beautiful. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Promise?"

"Promise." I nodded before hanging up.

So how do you like this chapter? Vote and comment!

<3 Kacey <3