I Don't Know (Part 1)

"Danielle. You have to let him be your SO. Hunter and Skye will be watching you. Ward knows the way your mind works and he-"

"He knows how to get into my head and mess with me, Phil." I cut him off.

"He's a great fighter, Danielle. We have bigger problems than this! You need to work with him!" I could tell Phil was getting aggravated but it was bothering me that he wasn't telling me why I was here. I could be at home with Austin watching the Notebook and eating! "Go work with him, Danielle. Now."

"Yes sir." I nodded and left his office. I made my way towards my room, passing by Grant.

"Danielle. Please can we talk?" Grant grabbed my hand, his grip wasn't harsh but I reached back and smacked his arm. I could see Skye and Hunter out of the corner of my eye, they were hesitantly watching me.

"No. You're my SO and we won't talk. You only help me with things you're allowed to help me with." I shook my head and turned to walk away again.

"I love you, Dani. Please."

"I don't love you anymore, Grant. I-I'm with Austin." I mumbled, though I knew he could hear me. I continued to my room and slammed the door close. I couldn't take this. I needed Austin. I pulled out my laptop and skyped him.

"Hey, baby. What's up?" Austin's beautiful face appeared on the screen.

"Austin. I just need someone-" Hearing my door open, I immediately put my hand over the camera. It was Phil.

"He's coming here so don't say anything over the phone." Phil took my phone and ended the call.

"Austin's coming here?" My eyes widened as I got off the bed.

"Yeah. I need more SHIELD people on my team."

"Does that mean-"

"Austin doesn't mean you ignore Ward, Danielle." Phil cut me off.

"Phil. It's just so hard to deal with it." I whispered, looking up at him.

"I know, Danielle. But you have to." I nodded and bit my lip. "Austin should be here any moment in time. I want you to work with Ward for a while after you see Austin."

"I will, Phil." I gave him a faint smile before we both went our separate ways.

Austin would be here soon, meaning he'd be at the hatch.

I skipped through the plane, passing by Fitz-Simmons, who were arguing over some prototype.

When I reached the hatch, Austin was there.

"Austin!" I squealed and ran to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs went around his waist.

He caught me perfectly, his hands held under my thighs as I kissed his face.

"I missed you. I missed you so much." I cupped his face in my hands and kissed his lips.

"Danielle, Danielle, stop." Austin was chuckling at me. "You're causing a scene."

"I don't care." I hugged him again, squeezing him as tight as I could.

"Danielle!"

I think I was suffocating him just a little.

"Sorry, sorry. I just missed you." I put my face in the crook of his warm neck. "These people drive me crazy."

"I bet." Austin put me on my feet and held my hand. "Hey, Phil. How's Danielle been acting?"

"Better than her father when I babysat him." Phil sighed as he shook Austin's hand. "Ward is still Danielle's SO, Austin. Get her to let him train her."

Austin seemed a little lost for words.

"Maybe I should have someone else be my SO. I think we'd all be happier if Mr. Big-Time-Liar-And-Low-Life wasn't my SO."

"Danielle!" Phil snapped. "I don't agree its okay what he's done but you need to stop hanging on the past!"

I crossed my arms and sighed.

"Now. Go and practice or you'll have no insight into the plan."

I sighed and cursed everyone under my breath.

Austin walked silently alongside me.

"Did you have contact with him while we were dating, Danielle?"

"No. He called me twice them randomly showed up in my room at the Tower and Phil brought me here."

"Do you... still have feelings for him?"

I didn't answer immediately but when I did, my voice was quiet.

"I don't know."

Okay since some readers are impatient, here's an unfinished chapter. Part One you could say. Part Two will be updated sometime in the next year.

Lol jk I'm aiming for next weekend but I dunno.

I haven't been able to update this specific one because of writer's block but all my updates have been shitty because my head is a piece of crappy stuff right now and my head hurts because my glasses need to be stronger and it just can't focus really.

Comment and vote your opinion on this chapter!

<3 Kacey <3