Chapter 22

You jump out of bed in anticipation for the U.A sports festival. The day has finally arrived and you're so excited for it that you barely slept at all.

You're currently running on pure adrenaline right now as you switch off your alarms, that never had the chance to go off, and put on your school uniform.

You hop downstairs with a spring in your step but treading lightly in fear that you'd wake up your father. 'Today is gonna be my day I'll show him' you determine with confidence as you make it to the last step of the stairs.

Only to get a retching stink of alcohol coming from the living room. 'Father never drinks, unless...' You froze in shock at the sight. There was your father watching the tv in his armchair, only it looked like he was more in a daze with his eyelids half open, around 10 or 11 bottles surrounded him. They were all empty.

After a moment, you cautiously made your way over to his half awake form.

"D-dad w-what h-h-happened?" You ask shakily as you inched closer towards him. His head slowly turned towards you as if he has just noticed you now. You gulp in fear of what he was going to say.

"I've...been fired from the support company" he says groggily and tries to sit up. You try to gently push him back down "No dad you need to rest I'll call mum to hel-" your hand gets slapped away, though not as hard as you'd thought it would be, as you tried to put him back into his slouched position.

"You're lucky you need to be in tip top condition for the U.A sports festival otherwise...I would've beaten the shit out of you for laying your hands on me" He says in a dark tone which makes you immediately move back.

You rub your injured hand and release a long sigh. "You know what you need to do Mitsuki" you nod your head not making eye contact in fear that you'll freeze up again.

"That dammed support company don't understand what they've lost but when they see you win they'll be begging for me to work there again I'm positive." You roll your eyes at his statement thankful that he's more focused on his work than you right now.

"I'll be here Mitsuki all day watching your every move when you compete, I want a clean, indisputable victory, understand?" His gaze turns to you once again but you don't dare return the gesture.

"Yes dad" you mumble and make your way out the room carefully avoiding the beer bottles scattered around his armchair.

You leave the house and wipe away the tears that had escaped through your eyes. You paused at the front door to calm yourself down before making your way to school.

Your mood perks up at the sight of Midoriya waiting for you by the bus top as usual. "H-Hi M-Mitsuki!" He exclaims nervously. You wave back and wait with him for the bus to arrive.

"So it's the big day huh?" You question mostly to yourself but Midoriya answers it anyways. "Y-Yep! A-Are you nervous?" He questions warily. His question takes you back to what your father said to you just minutes ago. 'Indisputable victory huh?' You pondered.

"Yeah I guess, although it seems to me that I'm not the only one." You smirk whilst looking down at Midoriya's shaking legs. "Wha-" he follows your gaze and turns bright red at being outed.

You giggle at his antics and enter the bus that had just arrived, with Midoriya following close behind you.

The ride to school was quiet as you'd hoped. Surprisingly Midoriya was quiet the whole journey as well. 'He must have a lot on his mind' you wondered as you watched him clench and unclench his hand into a fist every so often. He had a concentrated look on his face that was just asking to be left alone.