→ six | pursuit

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Thank you, really, I..." She started thanking him again but cut herself off, not knowing what to say next. She just gave him another smile.

She curled her legs up against her chest, placing her feet onto the bench, and placed her chin on top of her knees. Hayden sighed in relief, like a huge weight was being lifted of her chest. Ben was bringing the other Villain Kids over. Zeus listened to her about Zach and Pierson - maybe, just maybe, she wouldn't have to be alone for much longer.

"Of course. Anything you need."

The words made her smile. Hayden stared at him for a second, and an intense feeling of guilt started settling into the pit of her stomach. This boy, this sixteen-year-old boy, was seriously trying his hardest - he wanted to be good, he wanted to be a good King to his people. He wanted to help her, a known villain. He was truly good. And she was going to betray him. She frowned and chewed on her bottom lip, quickly starting another conversation to prevent being alone with her thoughts.

"Do you still want to know the real story?" She said eventually, a small smirk on the edge of her lips while she pointed at the murals with all the gods and goddesses on them. "About Zeus and my father?"

Ben nodded eagerly and scooted closer to her, placing his elbows on his knees and his chin on top of the palms of his head, faking an extreme interest in her story. Hayden laughed and shook her head before she started her story. "Alright. So, first of all, Zeus was never meant to rule Mount Olympus." She stated and Ben's eyes widened. "The firstborn son of the then ruler, Kronos, my grandfather-royal pain in the ass by the way-was supposed to take over. My father was his firstborn son."

"Wait, but I thought Zeus was the oldest." Ben voiced his thoughts out loud, a small frown appearing on his forehead. "That's what Fairy Godmother taught us."

Hayden shook her head. "Kronos was afraid that his children might surpass them one day, so he swallowed them." Ben looked at her in shock and was about to voice his thoughts, but she quickly started explaining. "Full grown Gods, while on Olympus, are huge, like, apartment-building-huge, a baby to them was like a pebble to you. Still, I agree, it's extremely fucked up." She took a deep breath. "Anyway, he swallowed them as soon as they were born. So, my father was the first son that went. Then came Poseidon, but Zeus never did."

"W-Why not?" Ben stuttered; his eyes full of anticipation. He always loved these stories in Fairy Godmother's class, but hearing them from an actual goddess, was way different and way better.

"Because Rhea, his mother, tricked Kronos in swallowing a stone to save Zeus. She gave birth to Zeus in secret, who later grew up and came back to get Kronos. He used an emetic, given to him by the Titan Gaia, to get his siblings out. But they came in reverse order."

Ben frowned and tried his best to understand the story. "So...your father came back...the youngest?" He guessed and Hayden nodded in confirmation.

"They fought Kronos and the other titans together, and won. Only, Zeus ended up being declared ruler of Mount Olympus, which did not go well with my father and, well, he was technically the oldest so he should've gotten to rule. But, hey, who am I to judge?" She said the last part in a sarcastic voice. Hayden looked at the murals again and sighed. "Anyway, my father tried getting the rule over Mount Olympus back, and I'm not saying that the way he went for it was right, but...I do understand him. And I do think he should have been allowed to rule."

♕♕♕

It had been a month since Harry had seen or heard from her. It was like she was a ghost. No one had seen her, but everybody had heard of her. Which, to him, sounded like quite an achievement, considering she was only on the isle for a month and a half. He found himself thinking about her constantly - it was bloody annoying if you asked him. But he couldn't help it, he had so much questions.