→ four | procedure

four | "what's a scotland?"

      𝐇𝐀𝐘𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄 of her magazine, a deep sigh of boredom leaving her lips

𝐇𝐀𝐘𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄 of her magazine, a deep sigh of boredom leaving her lips. She closed the magazine harshly and threw it onto the table next to her. Her feet found their way off the floor and over the couch railing while she laid down on the sofa, staring at the ceiling. She grabbed a ball lying next to her, one her father had forgotten earlier, and started throwing it up and down.

A series of grunts echoed throughout the living room and Hayden sighed in annoyance, catching the ball a final time before looking to her right. "Could you stop it?" She told him, getting what was sure about to be the thousandth glare shot at her. "I'm trying to focus here." She finished while showing the ball she was throwing.

Harry rolled his eyes at her, trying his best to mumble a string of curse words at her considering the gag was still in his mouth and prevented him from saying anything. He started tugging on the cloth she'd tied him up with again, though deep down he knew it wasn't going to work - him and Gil had been stuck here for six hours now.

"Hey, scary lady..." Gil started talking, a slightly confused look on his face as he looked between Hayden and Harry. "Can I ask you a question?"

Hayden caught the ball from the air once more and looked at Gil, giving him a nod that said he could ask her his question.

"Why didn't you give me that thing, too?" He asked, pointing at the gag that Harry had in his mouth. He got a glare from him for coming too close to his face and quickly took his hand back.

Hayden looked away from the two pirates and faced the ceiling again, she started throwing the ball up again. "You're less annoying," she answered curtly and smirked when she could hear the baffled and offended noises coming from Harry.

"Oh," Gil said, obviously sounding surprised. "thanks!"

The blue haired girl chuckled softly at his happiness about the compliment, he truly was a simple soul and he reminded her of Pierson. A genuine smile appeared on her face at the thought of her cousin, but it quickly disappeared when she realized that she'd probably never see him again.

"Hey," Hayden spoke up eventually, catching the ball for the final time and placing it on the table next to her magazine. "are you from Scotland by any chance?" She asked, the question obviously being aimed at Harry, who gave her a shrug and a loud noise. "Oh, right, my bad." She mumbled under her breath before walking over to the pirate. She crouched down to the ground and reached for the gag before removing it. "So, are you?"

"I can't believe ye called me annoying," was the first thing he said to her, giving her a fake pained look. "I thought we were getting along, love."