BONUS: Sirius' Forgotten Letter

Dear Lourdes,

My heart beats for someone, and that person is not you. I'm sorry but it's true, I cannot deny this whirl of feelings I feel whenever he looks at me, I cannot hide the smile that grows on my lips when he looks at me.

I wish I could love you. I do, but as a friend. You're amazing Lourdes, beyond the word amazing. I'm sorry Lourdes, I truly am. I wish I told you before you told me that you loved me.

I felt something too at first but my feelings for him were stronger and they overpowered whatever I felt towards you.

I truly am sorry Lourdes, will you forgive me?

P. S. I think Peter likes you Lourdes, go for him. And please stop trying to sniff my butt okay? I know we're both animals but Lourdes, you're taking it to a whole other level. Keep your little vixen nose out my dog butt, okay?

With much sorrow,
Sirius, your favorite friend

*

Daphne sat on her daughter's bed, tears streaming down her cheeks like the pelting rain outside. She held the letter in her hand, it seemed as though Ophelia had forgotten about it, as Daphne found it in the bottom of her trunk. Ophelia's room was just like she left it when she returned to Hogwarts three years ago. Some of the Muggle books were sprawled on the books, open. Daphne had tried to clean the room but she couldn't enter for the first few months, it reminded her too much about the only child she had left, the only daughter she ever had.

She remembered how they had boarded up Jeremy's room because Ophelia used to wander in her sleep and always ended up in his room. They would find her laughing, talking to someone only she could see. And when Daphne would shake her awake, she'd look around the room and cry. It hurt Daphne to hear her sobs, claiming that Jeremy was with her, telling her stupid stories and jokes.

She had considered boarding up her room too but Daphne needed to accept the deaths of her children. It's funny how she thought that her children will bury her, not the other way around, funny but still extremely sad.

Daphne had never paid attention to the books but now that she had, she wish she hadn't. Words were circled in each book on each of the open pages.

And they read, "Mum, I'm sorry. It was too much."

And Daphne felt like ending her own life but she couldn't, she had too much to live for, for Tom, for Marie, for herself. She couldn't leave them behind, they were her family.

So Daphne closed the books and did the thing she promised herself not to do, she boarded Ophelia's room up.

Daphne avoided Ophelia's room when she could, but sometimes she forgot that her only daughter had died and she would stand at the bottom of the stairs, clothing basket in hand, impatient and she would yell, "Ophelia Aurora Lourdes! Don't make me—"

She would stop, crumble on the floor and she would cry. Tom found her one day in the kitchen, red eyed and clutching a knife close to her chest. Blood was seeping from somewhere, but Tom couldn't find the source. Luckily, it was merely her fingers bleeding.

He never let her cook again without him around or without Marie around. He knew the death of both their children had impacted her, he just didn't know how much exactly.

The death of Ophelia impacted him, he no longer was the same at work, he regretted never talking more to her three years ago. He regretted every bad thing he had ever said to Ophelia.

His focus just wasn't the same anymore, if he tried to work on something, his mind would wander to when Ophelia was young, to when he didn't actually hate her, would wander to a laughing Jeremy.

Tom missed his children but he missed his wife more. She hardly spoke to him, hardly slept next to him in bed. She sat in front of Ophelia's door instead, no matter how many times Marie tried talking to her.

And Tom wondered if Marie had never mentioned the Chamber Of Secrets to Jeremy, would both of his children be alive?