4 - Valentines Day Kisses

Valentines day and Ophelia was sitting with Lily and Severus under the tree. Lily had gotten seven letters, Severus four and Ophelia three. Lily's letters were mostly from the Gryffindors and Ophelia made a noise at the mention of Beckett's name. She disliked the boy. Blanche had also sent Lily a letter and that raised suspicion. Maybe she didn't like boys after all. Severus' letters were from two Slytherins, one Ravenclaw who identified herself as Maeve Bixby and from Lily. Ophelia's letters were from Sirius, Peter and Remus.

Sirius and Remus were apologizing, and Sirius noted that he hoped they could hang out again, without the awkwardness between them. Remus told her he knew of her secret, he made sure to tell her that Peter was the one who told them, not Sirius. Peter too apologized for telling them her secret, he told her that it wasn't his place to say and that he was extremely sorry. He gave her a location, saying that he hoped she would come and he could show her how sorry he was.

"Who are your letters from?" Severus was first to ask and Ophelia looked at him. She held them up. "Sirius, Remus and Peter? You mean to tell me that they fancy you all?"

"What? No!" She blushed and Lily laughed. She shot her a look but couldn't help and smile at her. "They were apologizing." She shrugged her shoulders. "Who would fancy me anyway?"

They both ignored her and Lily pulled out two more letters. "One from me and one from Sirius, again." Ophelia took them and read Lily's first. In the letter, Lily told her how glad she was she was her friend and how glad she is that she trusted her with her secret.

"Thank you Lily!" She hugged the redhead and they both giggled when they fell over. She opened Sirius' letter next, but Lily snatched it. "Lily!"

"He told me to tell you to read it when you're alone, like in the night." Ophelia made an oh noise and they continued to talk a bit before she told them she had to meet with Peter. Lily wiggled her eyebrows and Ophelia stuck out her tongue.

*

She found Peter in the common room, just like he said. They immediately went out after that and it puzzled the Gryffindor girl, but she said nothing as she followed Peter. They stopped in front of a huge door and Ophelia followed Peter inside.

The room was lit with candles everywhere. They hung from the ceiling, they were on the shelves and on the tables. It looked magical. There was a mirror in the far corner, and Ophelia tugged Peter towards it.

"What's this?" She noticed how foggy like it looked. She looked at Peter, his nose seemed okay now.

"The mirror of Erised. Shows you your deepest desires." As if on cue, Ophelia saw herself in the mirror. Her hair was beach blonde again, and she held a baby in her arms. Sirius was behind her, a huge smile on his face. "Well, what do you see?"

"Oh uh — I'm with my brother." Ophelia answered and his eyes widened, as if to say he regretted asking. Ophelia's brother died during their second year, no one could explain his death. They just knew he was in his last year and he was obsessed with finding the Chamber of Secrets. But Ophelia knew there was more to it than that. She knew although he was completely obsessed with the Chamber of Secrets, he was more than that. He was the best Keeper Gryffindor had ever seen, he excelled in every class, he was Flitwick's favorite student, he was her best friend and he was the best brother a girl could ask for.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked." Peter said and Ophelia shook her head.

"It's okay Peter." She smiled at him. "Now why'd you bring me here? I know it's not to look into a mirror."

"Blanche doesn't like me." He said and Ophelia noticed the thin layer of tears in his eyes. "She likes someone else, she likes Lily."

"Oh I'm sorry Peter." Ophelia then wished she could hand him a glass of water, as if the room had read her mind, a tall glass of water appeared and Ophelia cursed. "Holy mother of Merlin! What the fuck is this?!"

Even though he was crying a few seconds ago, Peter laughed at her and Ophelia joined in, handing him the glass. "We're in the room of Requirement, anything you need will be in here."

"Well, that explains a lot. Nearly had a heart attack there!" Another glass of water appeared in her hand and she raised her grow at Peter, who shrugged and downed his. "So, if I wish for Firewhiskey, I'll get it?"

"Yes, but it's technically not wishing." Peter pointed out. "You're tricking the room into believing that you need the Firewhiskey, which is awesome."

Thirty minutes and five glasses of Firewhiskey later, Peter and Ophelia began to play hide and seek. Which was utterly childish. They found each other easily, even though the room had turned into a maze of objects, due to the fact that they giggled the entire time, no matter how hard they tried not to. It was Ophelia's turn to seek and she found Peter hiding behind a lamp post. He was laughing hysterically.

Then they began dancing to classical music. The room had turned into a ballroom. Ophelia now wore a red ballroom dress, Peter wearing a black tuxedo and they slowed danced. Then Peter did what Ophelia never thought he would, he kissed her. She found herself kissing him back.

Then her mind went to Sirius, to the one person she truly loved. Her mind went to Remus, her only best friend. Her mind went to James, the second person who stood up for her that unfaithful day. Her mind went to her brother, the one person besides Remus who was always there for her. Her mind went to Lily, her only girl friend. Her mind went to Severus, the first Slytherin to ever talk to her.

She pulled away, stared at him. It felt odd. Her first kiss was one of her friends. But then again, it felt nice to be wanted. It felt nice not to be feared by a boy her age. He stared back, and before he could even begin to gather his thoughts, she crashed her lips against his.

*

Once they managed to find their way to the common room, they were still heavily under the influence of the Firewhiskey. They found four people at the fire. Remus, James, Sirius and Lily. The redhead girl was crying, while Sirius tried his best not to burst into laughter.

"What's wrong my red crimson flower?" Ophelia slurred, causing a chuckle to escape Sirius' lips but he covered it with a cough when James glared at him.

"It's Blanche! She cornered me and kissed me!" Lily cried out and Ophelia gave her a puzzled look.

"Tall Blanche?"

"Well there isn't any other Blanche in the school is there?!" Ophelia and
Peter then laughed at Lily, whose face turned red with rage.

"Blanche kissed her!" They laughed again, earning glares and a chorus of shut up from James, Remus and Lily. Sirius, who tried to keep it in but couldn't, exploded in a fit of laughter. "So she basically raped you." Ophelia slurred. Lily stood up and began to march away.

"You'll sleep on the couch tonight Lia!"

Once she disappeared, Ophelia turned to Peter. "I'll just use that spell that opens doors. What's it called again?"

"Isn't it something like Alhambra?" Peter asked, his brow furrowed in confusion.

"No, that's the spell for cookies." Ophelia shook her head. "Sirius, you're smart, what's it called? Alohama?"

"No, that's the spell for calling your mom." James said, deciding to entertain them. "Try again."

"Alhomomoa?"

"That's the spell for turning water into pudding." Sirius said and Ophelia groaned.

"I got it! Opendo Door!" She beamed and they all laughed. It felt nice to be with people who wanted to be here, and the three didn't know but a relationship between Peter and Ophelia was already blossoming, and she forgot about Sirius' letter.