3 - Detention

Ophelia hated everything about Professor Flitwick. From his big nose, to his voice. She liked the class but the Professor was another thing. Words weren't enough to describe the hatred that brewed in the pit of her stomach for the Professor. She sat next to Sirius, and they hadn't spoken to each other the whole day. She was purposefully ignoring him, she didn't want to talk to him. Flitwick was barely paying attention to them, which Ophelia was happy about.

"You can't ignore me forever." Sirius whispered, earning a glare from Flitwick and Ophelia both. He apologized to the Professor.

"I can and I will." She darkly replied, making eye contact with him for a brief second. She could feel something flutter in her stomach and she ignored it. She was angry at him, she couldn't let her guard down for even one second.

"Say, after this we go to the Astronomy tower?" She could see the glimmer of hope shining brighter than a star in his eyes, and no matter how angry she was at him, she couldn't say no to him.

"Fine." She grumbled, and she could see the tiny smile that was growing on his face, and she found herself smiling like an idiot.

*

It was silent, but the silence was comforting. Ophelia had a lot on her mind, her head was alive, it was buzzing and she didn't like it. It ticked her off. She stared at the sandwich Sirius gave her.

"Aren't you hungry?" He softly asked. She shook her head, she was hungry but this wasn't the case. She couldn't eat knowing fully well that Remus doesn't know.

"Am I a bad friend Sirius? And be honest please." She pushed her blood red hair behind her ear, and although she hated it at first, she actually liked it now. She liked the way it stood out, and the way it clashed with her pale skin. Ophelia met Sirius' brown eyes.

"No." He honestly replied. "We aren't as close as you are with Remus, but from what I've seen, you're loyal. And honest." But that wasn't the case now. She was lying to Remus and it gnawed on her. Gnawed on her heart. The guilt felt like a heavy blanket draped over her tiny shoulders. It weighed on her.

"I'm going to tell him. Tonight. I have to. I can't deal with this anymore." She said and bit into her sandwich, feeling better already. "I mean, I have to."

"I'm sorry about your hair." Sirius said and at first, it had taken Ophelia aback. She has never heard him apologize, never heard him so sincere. "I really am."

"It's okay Black." She ran a hand through her blood red hair and smiled. "I actually really love you." Her eyes widened at what she said and she began to panic. "The hair! I meant the hair! Not you!" Sirius gave her a puzzled looked. "Oh Godric's Hallow, I'm an idiot." She muttered before she stood up with lightning speed and ran. She could hear Sirius close behind her but she didn't stop until she reached the Fat Lady, said the password and immediately retreated back to her room.

*

The four were in their room and Sirius explained to them what had happened. James thought it was a huge joke and wouldn't stop laughing about it. Remus and Peter looked angry and Sirius didn't know if it was because of Ophelia telling him that she loved him or the fact that James couldn't stop laughing.

"You mean — she actually told you — that she loved you?" James asked between laughs and Sirius shot him a glare.

"For the hundredth time James, yes, she told me she loves me." In the corner of his eye, he could see Peter growing even more angry but he didn't question him. "But it could've been a mistake, I was apologizing for her hair and she wanted to say she loves the hair. So it was a mistake." He looked at Remus. "She wants to tell you something."

"Something like what?" Remus asked, confused. But Sirius urged himself not to tell. He promised Ophelia he wouldn't tell any of them. He couldn't break his promise, he couldn't betray her. Because he knew there was something, he felt something but he didn't want to think much of it.

"She's an Animagus." Peter said and Sirius stared at him. He was shocked, he didn't know if Ophelia told Peter but he found himself growing angry. Sirius pushed Peter against the wall, digging his wand deep into his side.

"That wasn't your place to say!" He digged even deeper and he saw Peter wince. "She wanted to tell him herself! She was going to do it tonight!"

"Sirius calm down, put your wand down." James calmly said but Sirius refused to.

"No! It wasn't his place to say!" He yelled out, he pushed James back and he landed with a loud thud on the ground. James pulled his wand out.

"Expelliarmus!" Sirius' wand flew out his hand and he decided that he didn't need the wand anyway. He punched Peter in the face and he felt the satisfying sound of his nose breaking. He felt satisfied with the scarlet dripping down his chin.

"It wasn't your secret to keep in the first place." Peter snarled, bumping past him to clean his face up.

"Is it true Sirius? Is she an Animagus?" Remus asked and Sirius could note how betrayed he sounded. He sighed, he might as well tell him.

"Yes, but you have to understand Remus, she wanted to tell you herself. I don't know how Peter heard of it but she wanted to tell you tonight." Sirius said and Remus nodded.

"How long have you known?"

"Today's the third day." Sirius sighed and Remus just nodded and retreated to his bed. Sirius couldn't help but feel like he betrayed Ophelia. She was starting to open up to him and he might've ruined it now.

*

Ophelia ignored Sirius again the next day, but this time, not because of anger. Because she was embarrassed. She sat next to Lily at breakfast, discussing what had happened. Being with Lily was different, she felt like a girl, she felt like herself. Not that she doesn't feel like herself around the group of friends she has, but with Lily, she felt calm.

She first saw James, who smiled at her and she wished she could disappear as she waved at him. Peter was next, his nose was red and looked swollen. He just stared at her and it bothered Ophelia. Sirius then followed, he too smiled at her and Ophelia wondered if one could die from embarrassment. Remus was last, his eyes were red and his face screamed betrayed.

"Want to join me in the library today?" Lily asked and the four stared at them. It made Ophelia uncomfortable and she wiggled in her seat, hoping she could melt there and then.

"I wish I could but I have detention with Flitwick." Lily nodded, understanding.

"I really like your hair." She commented and Ophelia was sure her cheeks matched her hair.

"Uh — th— thanks." She wanted to die, she could feel their stares on her and it made her highly uncomfortable. She wanted to disappear and never come back. She couldn't believe she told Sirius that she loved him. It wasn't really a lie. She knew she could feel something, something for him and it scared her.

She was sure Sirius doesn't love her, she was sure he didn't want to end up like Ford Freeman. After she used the Cruciatos curse on Ford, Professor Dumbledore had to use Obliviate on him. She was one hundred percent sure he didn't want to end up like Ford.