CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Start from the beginning

"That's good; and you Daniella. Anything happen today?"

Dani has been quiet all evening. She looks at dad and I notice her slightly puffy eyes.

"Kevin broke up with me." She says through cries. So I was wrong, he wasn't a Kurt or a Kyle.

I reach over and rub my sister's back. This has actually been her longest relationship and even though we rarely saw him, Kevin made her happy. Well I hope he did.

"It's okay Sweetie. I think I've got something that will cheer you up. I have planned our Christmas vacation. Let's finish dinner and I'll show you guys." Mom says in an overly chirpy voice.

After dinner, Daniella and I wait in the living room, until mom and dad walk in holding a laptop. They sit down and mom looks at us, like a 6 year old on Christmas morning.

"Okay so. We've planned everything out. For our family vacation we are going to... Wait for it.... Disneyland." She looks at us with enthusiastic smile on her face. Is she serious? Disneyland?

"Mom, you do know we're not kids right? Disneyland, of all places. Dad, you guys aren't serious?" I look him and he sighs. More like affirmation than anything else, although he doesn't seem to upset about it.

"Look honey, your mom and I have been discussing this for sometime now and we really think that this would be a great experience for us. All of us." He leans over to the one seater couch by where mom's sitting and softly kisses her forehead. I understand now.

A few years ago, before Hi-Tech was so successful, and she actually had time for her kids, mom would tell Daniella and I stories before bed. Our favorite one was my parents honeymoon. She left out all the.... Extra details and almost every night Dani and I would get mom to tell it to us.

They had their honeymoon in Disneyland, and because they didn't have a grand wedding, they had enough money for a grand honeymoon. They booked a suit at the Disneyland Hotel and spent three glorious weeks together.

Mom always described as when her and dad were their happiest and so I guessed they're going back as a last attempt to try and rekindle the love they once had. Sad yet beautiful.

I look at Daniella and I could see the same thoughts running through her head. If this Disneyland trip doesn't work, there's nothing left for our parents to work for, nothing keeping their marriage alive.

There are always those few moments where Daniella and I know have these telepathic conversations. This was one of them. We both knew that no matter what, this holiday had to be perfect. More for them than for us.

We sit in silence before Daniella speaks. "Um yeah, that sounds great. It should be a really fun trip. When last did we go to Disneyland. Sarah, you were five right?"

"Yeah. It should be really great. This came as a bit of a shock, but really this sounds awesome."

"Okay so, there are still a few other things to finalize but I do have a surprise. There is just enough space in the package deal for you guys to bring an extra person along. Just make sure that their parents are okay with it, because I understand that it's Christmas .All they'd need to pay for is for are the small things and spending money."

"Wait really. Oh my word! That's awesome. Thanks guys." I stand up, give both my parents a hug and run up stairs.

I hear my mom call something from downstairs but I'm too excited to stop and hear her. I'm actually really excited for Disneyland. I have only been there once and fell in love with the place. Now I get to go back and even better, with my best friend there!!