Chapter Twelve - Breaking Apart

Start from the beginning

Heavily sighing to show his displeasure that you wouldn't leave but never looking up from his work, Yoongi continued to write, pretending like neither of you were standing there. 

"Yoongi-ah," you called again, this time causing his hand to cease and tap on the book once more.

He glared down at the pencil, taking a moment to compose himself before his strained voice spoke up low and huskily.

"I'm disappointed, Y/N.."

' Huh? But why? '

Taken aback and not quite understanding what he meant, your heart slightly fell. Was he back to being mad at you? What did you do wrong this time?

When you didn't answer, mostly because you didn't know how to answer or what he wanted you to say, he finally looked up at you from behind his bangs, keeping his head lowered in the same position while those eyes impaled your resolve.

"From your silence I guess it's true."

"Wait, Yoongi, what's true?"

This time his glare shifted to Jin who scoffed and looked away to cross his arms, Yoongi closing his eyes as though seeing either of you was a nuisance.

"You're picking his side. That's just great. I don't know why you felt the need to come rub this in my face but I'm  seriously not in the mood to—"

"Hold up! I haven't picked anyone's side, I'm here to straighten out the mess you two have caused! Now if you would just, listen to him and—"

"Why should I listen to him, he never listens to me.."

The silver haired male had no idea you knew exactly what he was talking about, he was just trying to cut his words at Jin like knives, but your quick tongue made him falter momentarily.

"That's why he's here! God! All of you really do act like spoiled children when in reality everything wouldn't be this messed up if you learned to freaking communicate with each other. If you're a pack then, ACT. LIKE. IT."

Both men stared at you in awe, brows lifting on Mr Min while Mr Kim cleared his throat, just now feeling the pressure in the room.

"Well?" You spat when they remained silent.

You were seriously pissed at this point, glancing between either of them and wanting to stomp your foot but you couldn't because of the homemade cast.

Jin was the one to crack, turning away from you to face his pack brother dead on.

"Look, I'm sorry. Sorry for earlier.. and sorry for not listening to you. You know how much I cared about her and yet you went behind my back and pulled some low level shit like that. It was dirty bro. And then I just didn't want to hear it from you after that, if you two were going to be a couple I wanted to stay as far away from it as possible."

You watched Yoongi's face. Your brows pulling together in confusion when he looked just as confused as you were. Did he forget? How could he do that to his own friend and then just forget?

"That's just the thing, Hyung⁠— I didn't know. When you were talking about her you never once said her name, I always thought you were talking about, Crystal? Ava told me she was single that night, she never even mentioned anything about you. I thought it was going to be just a one night thing. If I had known I would have steered clear from her."

Both Jin and yourself were at a loss for words. 

You didn't know who to believe at this point. Eyes widening as you slowly shifted your gaze up to find Seokjin tearing up, his shoulders stooped so low that it looked like his entire spirit would break at any given second.

And it did. 

He turned to run out of the room before he broke down crying, earning a sigh from Yoongi who pushed back his hair in aggravation. 

"I swear, Y/N, I didn't know.." 

He was staring down at the book in his lap, his voice nearly a whisper as he teared up himself. You could hear it in his voice that he was breaking apart as well.

Your heart was torn in two. Which one do you go to and comfort first? 

You literally wanted to rip yourself in half so one side of you could run after Seokjin and the other stay here to help Yoongi with his turmoil that was clearly eating him up inside.

"You don't believe me, do you?"

The faint tears on his cheeks spilled over, now dripping onto his notebook, splashing up in tiny domes and leaving behind reminders that he was indeed crumbling apart.

"I believe you. I just don't know how to fix this, or what I should," suddenly he stood letting the pencil and book drop to the floor as he crossed the room to pull you into his distressed embrace. 

His sorrow filling the air as he wept into your hair, body shaking with his silent cries.

It's clear he's been holding this in this entire time, all of this guilt, and as much as you wanted to go and help Jin, you couldn't just abandon him here like this.

Not when it was eating him alive.

You rubbed his back feeling his shoulders rise and fall with each sob, those distressed cries breaking your heart into a million tiny pieces. If he was hurting this bad, how bad was Jin hurting? If they had just talked this through neither one of them would be in this much pain.

"I don't think he'll ever forgive me. When I found out from Tae why he had been avoiding me for weeks I was hella disgusted with her, but more-so disgusted in myself. I tried to tell him the truth, but he wouldn't listen. So then I tried to confront her about it and get her to tell him.. she refused. The bitch thought it was some game. She said she enjoyed having men fight over her. But I wasn't fighting over her, I was fighting to fix the bond with one of my best friends."

You squeezed him to you, gently swaying to soothe his woes in the only way you knew how.

"...I promise, Y/N... I didn't know."

"Shh, it's okay, I believe you."

Running your fingers through his hair, you sighed deeply and was going to speak again until his head lifted to look at you. His tear stained cheeks and puffy red eyes breaking the tiny pieces of your heart into even tinier pieces.

"I'm sorry, I'll stop. I've done enough." 

He tries to pull away but you refuse to let your arms drop. His brows crashing together when you cupped his face to brush away his tears. 

"I'll go talk to Jin and make this right. If he won't listen to you then maybe he will listen to me and reasoning."

He looked skeptical, but nodded and closed his eyes, leaning his cheek into your one hand that lingered on his cheek for maybe a little too long. It was evident he was starved for the warmth of touch, they all were starved for touches really.

Feeling nervous that it might go too far though you slowly pulled away and steadied yourself on your crutches.

"I-I'll, uh, I'll go talk to him now. Are you going to be okay here alone?"

"Tch, why wouldn't I be?" He seemed slightly offended that you thought he was so weak that he couldn't handle his own emotions. 

Or maybe he was hurt that you pulled away because his painful eyes dropped from your face and head turned away to stare at nothing.

He silently walked back over to pick up the notepad from the floor along with his pencil and plopped into the seat to give you the space you clearly wanted since you pulled away from him.

Yup, that's why he had the attitude now, because you pulled away.

The sound of his sniffling as you left the room made your heart ache to the point of a sharp pain spreading over your chest. You really hope he'll be okay on his own while you patch things up with, Seokjin.