Soulmate AU

In Bakugo's entire life, he had never heard sound. Not the sweet song of a bird, or the voice of his mother, or even a honking car. Just silence. It annoyed him so much thinking about people looking down on him because he was deaf. But the thing that really bothered him, more than any of that other shit, was that he would never hear his soulmate's first words. The first word your soulmate ever says to you is written on your arm, a way of sort of helping to find them. Granted, the word was pretty plain, a simple, hi, so he doubted it would've been much easier even if he could hear. But damn, did it bother him he wouldn't ever know what it sounded like. He could've met his soulmate already and would have no clue. And to add salt to the wound, he was the shittiest lip reader ever. He wasn't a talker either. He hated talking, hated not knowing what he sounded like. So he didn't. He decided he wouldn't talk.

He would often lie awake at night, thinking- What if I never know them because I'm deaf? Is there something wrong with me? Will the hate me? He would toss and turn, anxious.

———————————————————————————

Kirishima was in turmoil about his soulmate, for a very different reason. Ever since he had been born, there had been nothing on his arm. This was something that almost never happened. There was never any proper explanation. Would he never have a soulmate? He often wondered, worried about being neglected from such a beautiful system. He wanted a soulmate. He needed one.

As he stirred from another sleepless night, he checked his arm, like he did every morning. Still nothing. He rubbed his eyes, groaning. He flopped back on his bed, deciding he didn't want to get up. He slowly pulled the sheets back over himself, pushing his red hair behind his sweaty forehead.

He just wanted to sleep, and forget about soulmates, and stupid love. Closing his eyes, he buried his face in his pillow. As sleep nearly overtook him, his sister burst loudly into his room.  The door swung back and forth from the force of her entry. "Ei-ji~" she singsonged, not caring if she had woken him or not. "What..?" He mumbled, his voice cracking. She sat down, her fluffy pink hair bobbing up and down at her shoulders. "Mom and dad are gone, and I wanna go out with my friends." She said, shaking him. "So? Just walk to the mall, Mina." He groaned, turning the other way. She lightly punched his back, causing him to sit up. "Or...you could drive me around." She raised her eyebrows, pleading like a puppy. Since Mina was barely 14, she couldn't drive yet, but Kirishima was almost 18. "Ugh...what's in it for me?" He groaned, although it would still probably do it anyways.

"There's a hot guy at the starbucks we're going to." She whispered in his ear. He pushed her away, his face turning red. "Whatever." He mumbled, blushing. "I'll do it. Let me get ready." She squealed, hugging him. "Thank you! Best brother ever!" She exclaimed, before walking out of the room and closing the door. He smiled, slowly sliding out of bed.

———————————————————————————

After finally styling his last bit of hair, Kirishima huffed and smiled. "Done." He muttered to himself, looking in the mirror. He grabbed his bandana, wrapping it around his head. "I'm ready, Mina!" He called, flicking off his lights and jogging downstairs.

He walked into the kitchen, grabbing his car keys. They both walked out of the house, Kirishima locking the door.

Once they got into the car, Mina gave him the addresses of her friends' houses, and they began to drive.

———————————————————————————

After picking up 3 of Mina's friends, Eijirou began to drive them to starbucks. They were all gossiping in the back, talking about the people in their grade, which he didn't really care for. Mina was in the front seat, but was turned all the way around to talk to her friends. "Here." He said, and they all ran out of the car, him slowly following behind them. Was there really a cute guy working here? He wondered. Straightening his plaid jacket, he nervously entered the starbucks.
———————————————————————————

Bakugo was silently working around the starbucks kitchen, snatching the printed orders from his coworkers hands so he could make the drinks. It was a simple process his coworkers had devised. The would print out an extra receipt for Bakugo to read and make the drink, since many of them didn't know sign language. He would grumpily work in the kitchen, always slamming the drinks down to catch the persons attention. Currently, he was working on 4 goddamn Frappuccino's for a group of middle school girls. When he once again angrily slammed their drinks down, he saw him. A group of red spikes sat upon his head, and which was barely held back by a white bandana. And then the eyes. The beautiful, red, round eyes. His eyelashes were long and thick, and the sunlight bounced off his face, making him look like an angel. Bakugo couldn't move. He was taken aback. The redhead's lips moved like he was ordering something, and then he quickly smiled. Bakugo felt a blush moving all the way up his face. When he received the cute boy's order, he quickly scribbled: "ur cute. I'm the blonde." In sharpie. There was no looking back now. He sighed, hoping he had made the right choice.
———————————————————————————
Kirishima heard a slam on the counter, which he assumed meant his drink was ready. He stood up, awkwardly grabbing his drink and smiling at the guy. He wanted to talk to him so badly, but the guy didn't seem to like to talk at all. Shuffling back to his seat, he placed his drink on his table. Just as he was about to drink it, his sister squealed, and all her friends gasped. "What?" He asked, cocking his head. Mina simply giggled, pointing at his cup. He quizzically turned it, looking at it. Suddenly, he saw it. The writing. A blush overcame Kirishima's face, as he quickly glanced at the grumpy boy behind the counter. He covered his face, holding a smile in. He suddenly, (rather erratically) decided he was going to go to talk to the blonde, as if he had nothing to lose. He leaned over the counter, grinning. "Hi." He said, unable to see the soulmate's mark on the other boy's arm. The boy didn't seem to notice, and kept working. "Hello?" He said. Another worker whipped around to speak to him. "He can't hear you. He's deaf." She said matter-of-factly, before lightly tapping the blonde's surprisingly muscular shoulder and pointing at Kirishima. The blonde looked shocked, and suddenly turned red.

Kirishima quickly looked around for something to write on before grabbing his jean pocket and pulling out his phone. He quickly typed hi, I'm Kirishima! Onto a note document. Bakugo looked at the phone, and then back to Kiri. He slowly reached his hand out, hesitantly grabbing the phone. He typed something into the line under Eijirou's. I know I said you were cute, (which wasn't a lie), but you have some shitty hair. It's Bakugo, by the way. Kirishima read it and laughed, locking eyes with Bakugo. His laughter faded before he typed something else. After your shift, will you...? It said, hinting Kirishima wanted to take him on a date. Bakugo just nodded, held up the number 3, and shooed him away shyly. 3 pm, Kirishima thought to himself.

———————————————————————————

At exactly 3 pm, Kirishima drove back to the Starbucks to find Bakugo. He was sure Bakugo was the one. It all made sense now. Why there was nothing on his arm. Damn, he just hoped Bakugo's arm said the same thing.

As he drove into the parking lot, he saw the blonde slouched over by the entrance, clearly expecting him. Kirishima was almost too nervous to get out of the car, but he finally willed himself to. They both awkwardly walked back to his car, too scared make eye contact. Once they were inside, Kirishima typed  something into their beloved note document. I have somewhere special I wanna take you. It read. Bakugo just nodded, bashfully smiling.

———————————————————————————

When they arrived at the hill, it was nearly night. The two nervous boys had just sat down when the stars began to appear. Kirishima typed: You can see all the stars from here. Isn't it pretty? Bakugo read it, and then looked at Kirishima. He ran his fingers through Eijirou's hair, feeling the smoothness. He cupped his face, smirking. Eijirou felt his face heat up as the blonde got closer, licking his lips. "I-.." he stammered, now being pinned to the ground. He covered his face as Bakugo typed something. Let's cut the bullshit, cutie. Kirishima raised an eyebrow, before a pair of lips smashed into his. Bakugo grabbed Kirishima's waist, laying on top of him as they began to make out. Kirishima began to kiss Bakugo's neck. Bakugo nuzzled in the crook of Kirishima's shoulder, refusing to show that he was blushing. "Mm...I think I like you, Bakugo." He smiled, hugging him under the stars.