𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿; 24

Start from the beginning

"umm, so, i know who you are."

daniel's eyes widen, but he shakes his head slightly and signals for the boy to carry on.

"my dad talks a lot about you. told me you were highschool nemesisis or- however you say it" hayden lets out a small chuckle as well as daniel at his improper way of using the english language, but carries on none the less.

"he told me that he knew you were working in the school. something about having a friend that works here too and that friend having mentioned your name once or twice. anyway, i'm getting off topic. he said that he wants a private meeting with you before the parents evening, just to clear a few things up before he walks into your classroom with a bunch of other parents."

daniel strains to stop his eyes from widening again. "did he say what day or time he wanted to have that meeting?"

"asked me to ask if you were free directly after school" hayden replies simply, running his fingers loosely through his blond tufts.

"mmh, alright. i guess i could postpone my essay marking for an extra hour after school to chat with an old... can't really say friend, but you already know what we were" daniel says, grabbing his notebook and quickly jotting the reminder that corbyn will be arriving at his classroom after school down.

"great! i'll let him know. i'll direct him to your classroom and then wait outside while you talk" hayden smiles, pearly white teeth seemingly shining in the light.

the blond boy stands, brushing off some fluff from his hoodie before looking up and meeting daniel's eyes again.

"well, thanks for the chat mr. seavey. i better be going though, i've left my friends waiting in the hall." and with that the younger is walking out of his classroom, leaving daniel to sigh and sink back into his chair. how will he get through the rest of the day with that now on his mind.

✎ᝰ

with the last of his students having now exited the room daniel sits with a huff. he can't even go home yet because he has that stupid meeting with corbyn.

even the man's name makes him grimace.

trying to occupy himself as best he can he briefly looks through some of the essays that he has ready to mark later, but he quickly gets bored and just sits back in his chair.

but his peace is immediately disturbed by a rough knock on the door, causing him to wince at the sudden sound that had broken the once blissful silence after a lesson with excitable, none co-operative year eight students.

he mutters a swift "come in!" before he hears footsteps making their way towards his desk, lifting his head and meeting eyes with him. his old nemesis. corbyn besson.

"daniel seavey. long time no see." the blond speaks with a toxic drip in his words, as well as a london accent that daniel has thought only he had adopted, a devilish smirk tugging at his lips as he stands behind daniel's desk, arms crossing loosely over his chest as he eyes daniel up and down.

and that shirt, with the top three buttons undone and the loose tie hanging around his neck, a crime. and don't even get him started on the pants, tight around the right places and making besson look like a full blown delicacy.

and daniel physically winces at his thoughts, not expecting them at all.

"mr. besson, a pleasure as always" daniel says, giving the blond his best smile, though it comes off as more of a grimace.

"oh come on, dani. all of that business talk doesn't suit you" corbyn pouts, hands landing on daniel's desk as he leans over it slightly.

"this is a meeting, of course i'm going to be talking in the appropriate form. this is purely about your son and his education." daniel fails to hide the light blush that rises to his cheeks as he notices the way that corbyn is looking at him. it's rather distracting to say the least.