"We'll give you Nicholas," The King started. Dahlia's heart leapt to her throat. Timothée knew there was a price to pay to get him back, but he was willing to give up a lot. "In exchange for my daughter."

"No." Timothée's response was immediate. Dahlia turned to him and gave him pleading eyes. He lowered his voice to a whisper. "You are not going back to that monster of a father." Dahlia's heart swelled at his words. She loved being around Timothée and his people, but if she could exchange that and know Nicholas is safe, she'd do it.

"I'll go with you," Dahlia announced. King Edward and Prince Charlie looked pleased while Timothée, Adrian, Armie, and Kian were laced with confusion. Timothée got out of his chair and led Dahlia away.

"We're going to discuss this privately." Timothée sounded angry and Dahlia could feel his rage as they marched into a tent not far from the meeting. Armie, Adrian, and Kian joined them.

"What was that?" Timothée questioned while he paced back and forth. Dahlia turned to the other men, pleading for them to help her.

"Don't you think Dahlia should have a say in this? After all, it is her life." Adrian picked up. The other men just stood around awkwardly, evading eye contact.

"Dahlia will not go back there!" Timothée shouted. He stopped striding and looked at them all. His chest was heaving, "There must be something else we can give him." Timothée continued his pacing.

"I think its best we talk alone." Dahlia addresses the three men. They nod and walk out. Just as Adrian was going to leave, he gave her a squeeze on the shoulder.

"Be careful, you know how stubborn Timothée is." Adrian jokes and sauntered out. Dahlia watched Timothée mutter to himself.

"Timothée, " She approached him, "I need to do this. This isn't about me, it's about Nicholas." She confessed.

"What about me?" Timothée halted his pacing and looked at her. Dahlia was confused.

"What do you mean?"

"How do you think this will affect me? What about everyone else too?" Timothée confided in her.

"I'm sure everyone else will understand." Dahlia took hold of his forearms and smiled. Their eyes met and a calm silence settled around them.

"Don't go," Timothée pleaded, "I can't lose you." His voice was soft. Dahlia's brows furrowed.

"What are you getting at?"

"I know this isn't the right time. I'm starting to see that there may never be a right time for this," He took hold of her hands and sucked in a deep breath, "I don't want you to go because I feel for you. Not in a friend way, but... Oh for Irene's sake I'm not a bloody poet!" Timothée was frustrated that he couldn't convey his feelings. He was skilled at negotiation and debates of war but feelings were another story.

Actions, however, was something he was good at. So, deciding that it was the right way to go, Timothée leaned in and captured Dahlia's lips with his. She was shocked, needless to say. Yet, the comfort she felt in his arms was enough to give her the courage to kiss back. Her insides were on fire and her mind was alive. Everything blurred into one. Time was unknown. Everything around them was unknown. All that mattered was themselves, stuck together in that small tent, hiding away from the outside atrocities. The two pulled away slowly, almost as if their bodies refused to separate.

"I have to say, you're terrible with words," Dahlia chucked and wrapped her arms around his neck. Timothée laughed along, his hands going to her waist. "You know I still have to go." She whispered. Their foreheads connected. He closed his eyes, trying to take in this moment.

"I know."

_______________

Timothée and Dahlia walked side by side. They moved in front of King Edward, who was just about to get on his horse. Adrian, Armie, and Kian stood behind them.

"I'll go with you in exchange for Nicholas," Dahlia stated confidently. Her heart rate was pulsing with fear.

"Good, " King Edward huffed out, "Charlie, boy. Take your fiancee." He commanded. Dahlia felt a tight grasp on her arm and was yanked away from Timothée. Prince Charlie had a vice-like clutch on her. She was steered to a horse a few feet away and thrown on it while Charlie got up. She faced Timtohée and gave him a goodbye glance. Henry strode forward with little Nicholas trailing behind. As Henry went to unlock the chains, King Edward interrupted.

"He will not be released." The King bounded on his horse and adjusted the reins. Timothée stepped forward, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword.

"The deal was that we'd get Nicholas." Timothée was about to start something, "We can fight right here, right now if we have to."

"It's not in your best interest to attack." The King explained. Adrian stepped forward, his want to protect Nicholas and Dahlia clear.

"And why is that?" Adrian challenged.

"Charlie," The King demanded and almost immediately, Charlie raised a dagger to Dahlia's throat. She sat in front of him on the horse and shook with anxiety.

"You won't attack because if you do, Dahlia and Nicholas will suffer the consequences. Nice meeting you Timothée, I wish you... well." King Edward sneered before trotting away.

"Timothée!" Dahlia calls out to him but is silenced by a slap on the cheek by Charlie.

"Dahlia!" Timothée tries moving towards her but is held back by Adrian and Armie. They try reaching out to one another, hoping that this is all a dream and that they'd wake up soon. Timothée knew that the king was winning so far, and he'd be damned to let it continue.