Max and Mal fusion

When fusion classes started up, Gwen and David were a bit nervous

When fusion classes started up, Gwen and David were a bit nervous. Because Max and Mal only had half a gem each they weren't even sure if they would be able to fuse. The other campers began being more successful with their fusions, the twins hadn't progressed at all. It didn't really effect Max as he wasn't really trying but Mal was REALLY trying and was getting really upset about it. When Max tried to comfort her and ask why it was so important that she be able to fuse, Mal responded with, "Because you. Got all of mom's useful powers. 'Oh wow, I can sense peoples feelings and bring plants to life' but you have all the powers that'll help in a fight and keep people safe. I thought fusion would let me make someone else stronger and actually be help but... I can't even do that...". Max then proceeded to tell her how amazing she was and how much he loved her because he is soft for one human being only and it's her. She feels a little better and they hug. BOOM. Fusion. Malax was a big shock to everyone at camp. David for one was over joyed and was pleasantly surprised by how willing they were to answer all of his questions concerning their new form. The campers (especially Neil and Nikki) were also intrigued and Max and Mal quickly became junior fusion coaches due to how naturally it came to them.

Fun fact: there was a bit of a debate on weather to call them Malax or Maxal but they eventually decided on Malax because it sounds like Alex which is a gender neutral name.