Dreaming

5. Nate Jacobs

I like dreaming. I tend to dream about my desires. I tend to dream about her. I have several dreams about her in a week.

I never really liked sleeping until now. I hate being out of control, I like being awake because I can control things like that, but when I'm asleep I can't control anything. But now I like being in my dreams where I can't control anything, but I get to see her

It started several months ago but I never fully enjoyed it until now.

I had snuck Maddy in and I was awoken up by her slapping the shit outta me.

"You were dreaming of her Nate! What the fuck up." She almost yelled.

"Sorry." I muttered, eyes wide. I was caught red handed.

"Do you miss her?" Maddy's tone was soft almost sensitive but I knew it was a trick question.

"It was more like a nightmare, Maddy." I didn't lie I just dodged the question.

Soon after that Maddy fell asleep content with life.

"I love you." She muttered falling asleep.

I stayed awake that night guilty, in the morning I rushed Maddy out and told her I had football practice, which she didn't understand but I managed to convince her.

I think that was a moment of realization for me, when I realized I missed her more than I let on.

Mkay was the first one to know that I missed her.

He gave me a sympathetic look and told me to get my shit together.

I'm scared to admit that I admire him. He dates Cassie openly, he doesn't care what everyone thinks of her. He likes her and he's with her because of that.

"Nate Jacobs!" Mr Miller loudly yells, he's bald and has missing teeth. He must be unhappy, he openly talks about his ex wife, who he divorced years ago.

Kinda like me, except I'm stuck keeping my thoughts to myself.

"Mr Jacobs!" I hear him yell again, I see everyone around me looking at me, I roll my eyes, my knuckles turning white.

She shifts besides me and I instantly relax.

"Sorry sir, it won't happen again." I'm content again.

"Ms Anderson please fill in Mr Jacobs on the assignment assigned." He groans dramatically, before he begins talking gibberish.

Excitement rushes in my veins she's going to talk to me for the first time in months. Fuck fuck fuck.

"W-we have a project due in three weeks a-and it's a presentation on weather we believe a-animals h-have human right." She doesn't even turn to look at me.

She just looks down, her assignments seeming the most interesting in the world.

"I-I was thinking I-I could finish it a-and we could present it and I'll j-just put it as w-we both did the work." I frown at this. I wish I was shorter that way I'd be able to look at her face closer.

"Your house or mine?" I reject her offer, with four words.

She frowns once again, and I want to comfort her but I know I'm the one giving her the frown.

"Yours." Giving me one glance before rapidly looking away.

I frown at her dainty shoulders, I want them to look fuller.