Chapter 6: On each other's mind

Start from the beginning

"Is there something you're not telling me?" My mom asked, placing the waffles on the table.

I quickly took a bite of my waffles to avoid answering. I chewed as slowly as possibly.

"Keep eating like that and you're gonna make yourself late. Besides, I understand it's rude to eat with your mouth full. I'll just ask while we're in the car." My mom smirked and walked off.

Dang it. I forgot I get my amazing smart brain from my amazing smart mother.

I finished my breakfast and picked up my bookbag. I got in my moms car. I stared at the window to try to avoid questioning.

"So, Courtney. You seemed really deep in thought about something."

"Just thinking about my grades." I lied, still looking out the window.

"Yeah. That's not gonna work on me. I'll find out the truth one way or another."

I sighed and continued to look out the window. My mom stopped when I got at the school.

I got out and then she drove off. I headed inside and headed to my locker. I kept my History text book in there.

We usually need it in fridays.

"Hey Courtney." I heard from behind me.

I grabbed my book and shut my locker.

"Hi Bridgette." I grinned.

"Who was that guy you were with yesterday?"Bridgette asked.

"W-what guy?"

"The red head guy you were with."

"You saw that?" I asked.

"Yeah. When I walked out of Volleyball practice. I was going to say something but you two started walking off somewhere."

"Oh. That was Scott."

"Isn't that the name of the guy you hated?"

"I didn't hate him. He was just very werid.... but he's okay now"

"Oh. Okay."

"Hey Bridgette." Geoff joined our situation.

"Oh. Hey Geoff." Bridgette said, smiling at him.

"Um... I'm gonna go over there." I pointed, leaving the two of them alone.

+

I headed to my advisory and sat down. I kept glancing at the entrance to see if Scott was coming.

You see, at our school the doors open at 7 on the dot. Gives people time for there lockers and breakfast. Which, not many people eat.

Home Room starts at 7:40 and ends at 8:28. Scott usually gets here some time around 7:59.

Scott's POV(3 hours ago.)

It was 4:58 in the morning. I couldn't stop thinking about yesterday. It was one of the most thrilling days in my life.

I mean, sure I got to spend an hour after school with Courtney tutoring me but I got to walk her home.

And then I got to hold her hand. So soft. It was for a brief moment but it was amazing. One day, I will get to hold her hand for more than just a moment.

I didn't want to stink so I got myself cleaned up. I don't think I smell..... I think... Besides, we're having a dress down day today and I can't go in looking bad.

I mean, I have classes with Courtney. I have to look cool. I put on a red and black flannel, black jeans with black and red converses.

I examined how I looked in the bathroom. Hm.... It feels like something's missing. I looked up at my hair.