“Kimi?”

Kimi froze at the mention of his name. The way the person said his name seemed like poisoned oxygen, critically essential but deadly. The voice itself was the same. Softly deep, intoxicating and soothing, just the right poison for his ears and heart.

“Kimi?” the person said again, this time with a much softer tone.

Kimi flinched and rushed to his feet. He shook his head as he took slow steps backwards. No, not now. I’m not yet ready to face you again.

Kimi watched as the figure walked slowly out of the shadows, and he recognized the person. He realized then that he had been the same person that he had seen from earlier that day. From several years ago.

“Au-Aurum?”

Aurum slowly moved into the light like a wispy shadow. The black attire he was in made him look even more ominous. The fedora that he was putting on casted a shadow against his silver eyes, and all it made Kimi see was a monster and not a familiar person.

Aurum’s small smile was slowly replaced with a frown when he realized that instead of being happy to see him, Kimi was scared and afraid. Very afraid. He reached out a hand. “Kimi—”

“Stay away from me you monster,” Kimi hissed. “You’re one of them.”

Realization flooded Aurum’s face and he took a slow step forward, his hands held up in surrender. “Kimi? Please calm down. I will never hurt you.”

Kimi shook his head, his teeth chattering like he was being buried in an icy casket. “You’re l-lying.” He walked backwards, his steps filled with fright.

Aurum took another step. “Kimi... Please calm down.” And another step.

Kimi shook his head. He stopped with a jolt when he was just a hair’s breath away from falling into the pool. “I will never believe your voice was the same voice that had always given me comfort Aurum... You... monster.”

Aurum breathed slowly and straightened his back. He shut his eyes. “What difference does the truth make?” He opened his eyes and softly said, “I was a monster, I wasn’t. I am a monster, I’m not.” He heaved a slow sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Raja was right,” he sighed quietly, “and it’s not even up to a minute.”

Kimi cocked a fearful brow. “Raja—”

Kimi’s words were silenced by the sudden appearance of Aurum before him. He started and almost fell into the pool, but Aurum held onto his wrist.

“LET GO OF ME YOU FUCKING MONSTER!” Kimi said as he thrashed, struggling to get his wrist out of Aurum’s hold.

Aurum smirked slightly and whispered, “just let me say hi. Even if it’s just for a split second, I’ll be content.”

Kimi growled, “fuck you!”

Aurum bursted into a chuckling fit. He dragged Kimi closer to himself and wrapped his arms around him. Kimi froze at that and stopped his struggling. Aurum buried his nose in Kimi’s hair and inhaled deeply. The smell of Kimi’s citrus soap and bath salt made him hiss lightly in irritation.

“I had always told you that I hated the smell of your bath salt and you still use it till this very day,” he mumbled into Kimi’s mop of hair.

The feeling of Aurum’s body against his made Kimi’s vision darken and swirl, causing him to become lightheaded. The last thing Kimi could see, hear or smell was the flowery smell that was Aurum.