* ° . • ✧ Chapter 4 ✧ * ° . •

"I know it breaks your heart.
Moved to the city in a broke-down car.
And I-I-I can't stop."
- 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫 ( 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬 )

𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫...

"Wake up, sleepyhead. Thor's farewell party is in an hour." I looked to the right seeing Natasha dressed in her party clothes, I immediately sat up and ran to my bathroom.

It took a while for me to pick my outfit but, I decided to wear a my favorite black party dress. Along with black knee high boots covered in crystals, And wore my hair down with two braids tied halfway.

 Along with black knee high boots covered in crystals, And wore my hair down with two braids tied halfway

☾

☾ . • ' . ^ 𑁍 .•' » > ☾ . * ^ ' • ♡ .* ^ ' ~ • ☾

"So I take the tank, fly it up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm, like, 'Boom. You lookin' for this?" Tony, Thor, Loki and I all stayed silent. Even though it seemed brave of him to do that, I didn't really have interest in what Rhodey was talking about.

"Boom. Are you lookin' for-- Why do I even talk to you guys? Everyone else, That story kills."

"That's the whole story?" I ask almost unimpressed.

"Yes, it's a War Machine story."

"It's very good, then. It's impressive." Thor said taking another sip from his beverage.

"Please, I've experienced far more entertaining adventures." Loki said rolling his eyes.

"Quality save." Rhodey said completely ignoring Loki's remark.

"So, no Pepper? She's not coming?"

"No."

"What about Jane? Where are the ladies gentlemen?" Maria looked around the room for a second before turning her focus back to all of us.

"Ms. Potts has a company to run."

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in." Thor said smiling brightly. Loki and I looked at each other for a moment, shaking our heads in disapproval.

"Her work on the Convergence. Had made her the world's foremost astronomer."

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. It's pretty exciting." Tony said turning to Thor with a champagne glass to his lips.

"There's even talk of Jane getting a Nobel Prize."

"Yeah, they must be busy, because they would hate missing you guys get together."

"Testosterone! Excuse me." Maria said with a hand to her chest.,

"Want a lozenge?" Rhodey asked while walking her somewhere I didn't quite notice where because of the amount of people everywhere. I went to sit on a couch and try and socialize a little more. Then something catches my eye. Natasha and Bruce. Bingo. I look closely and I guessed that they must be flirting. I chuckle a bit seeing Steve go up to them breaking the moment.

Halfway through the party I found myself talking to Maria once again. We were talking about usual things like family and annoying people. But then the subject changed once again.

"So, anyway... how'd you get your powers? I still don't get how you got your 'airbending' abilities and how Natasha is just a normal human being." Maria asked almost clueless of as to how I got my abilities.

"Natasha and I are half-sisters. Throughout our childhood until we we're put in--" I paused for a bit, hesitant for a second before I decided to speak up again.

"An agent school, her mother was taking care of the both of us. She was incredibly nice and treated me as if I was her own daughter. Natasha has been a really great big sister. She'd always offer some food everytime we had snacks. Sometimes if our father stays home from work, or got home early, he'd tell us about how my mom was a God. Her name was Yula Zolotov. I didn't think he was serious, but then everytime I'd ask about where she went, or how she was, he'd always change the subject and I'll have to pretend that I didn't notice. I still can't confirm if he was joking or not." I said glancing at the window for a split second.

"Oh wow, thats cool. If my mom had a slight chance of being a God, I would be ecstatic."

"Yeah." I paused for a moment and then before looking back at Maria. "So anyway, are our co-workers annoying sometimes?"

"Yes they are. Sometimes They'd belittle me and If was chose to do something, they'd say that they either thought that the person who assigned it was stupid, or they'd lose all respect for them."

"That sucks. But don't worry. You're one of the best agents here. They just don't see that because they're to shallow for their own good" I said.

"Thanks a lot. I kinda wanna change the subject so, Have you seen any guys lately, hot guys? I haven't. Not saying no one's attractive but, I just haven't found interest in anyone so far."

My mind instantly thought about Pietro. I tried to forget everything for my sister's sake, but now the adrenaline came rushing back in and I felt my cheeks heat up slightly.

"So, there's this guy, whos hot as balls by the way. But he's off limits."

"Let me guess, is he an enemy?"

"...yeah, he is. I already know his name and he knows mine. I think he's a year older. I met him somewhere around this week. Since you know almost everybody I won't spill any tea. I'm gonna try and forget him though. For the sake of the team."

"Oh~ okay... I'll try looking for him in the morning... Don't worry. No one will know." She said with a slight smirk on her face.

"Please don't." I said keeping the smile on my face.

" I'll do it anyway. I'm gonna go get another drink. Would you like to join me? "

"No thanks. I'm twenty. I'll be hitting the hay."

"Okay then. Good night!"

I said one goodbye to the rest of the Avengers and went back upstairs to my room, took a quick shower and tried to sleep... I still felt so alive from the amount of socializing and partying I've had. I still regret telling Maria about Pietro. I didn't mention his name once but knowing Maria, she's almost always able to guess who you're talking about in an instant. It was almost like having powerful mind reading abilities.