intro

__

"Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it"__

__

          ONE HUNDRED sixty one. One hundred sixty two. One hundred sixty three. One hundred sixty five. Wait, no, oh forget it. My head started aching from it being pressed up against my dads truck window. We've been on the road for awhile and my only entertainment has been counting trees as they run by. We're moving- just us two into a new state, town, everything. My dad couldn't handle staying at our old house after my mom passed; and neither could I. She fell ill and just passed so quickly in the matter of weeks. That was back in February and now it's March.

          "I think we're just about here Ellie" My dad said cutting the string of silence. I just glanced over with a slight smile and nodded.

          I had to stay positive for him, he's going through enough alone. I was never that close to my dad. I never would do father daughter anything with him. I guess we never had that bond that others had which often makes me jealous. Gosh, before my mom died I can't remember the last time we spent a long period of time together. It was different for my mom. Sometimes I wish my dad was taken instead of her which makes me feel guilty at times but it's the truth.

          As my dad pulled in to the driveway I saw a fairly new lookin house. I hopped out and helped him carry in our belongings which isn't a lot. We left mostly everything because it all reminded us of my mom. Luckily our new house is furnished.

          "Well, do you like it?" My dad asked with a look in his eyes that longed for approval, "Yeah, it's great".

__
elizabeth may clover
15
(pretend her and pony are 15/no other ages change)