Something to live for

Start from the beginning

"Its not you, well it is you...I just...I'm so confused," Ariana responded, completely exasperated.

"Look you don't have to feel sorry for me, you want to be with Nathan, and I understand. I've accepted it and. I'm trying to move on with my life," Jai replied, hoping that she would believe him. The truth was that he wasn't over Ariana and probably wouldn't be for a long time. He fell in love with her soon after he moved back to DC. They sent so much time together and Jai fell more and more in love with her. He confessed his feelings to her not too long ago, only to be turned down. It was the boldest thing he'd ever done and of course it bit him in the ass. He should have known that Ariana didn't feel the same way, she had been seeing Nathan since he had moved home.

"Nathan? Nathan is a damn idiot," Ariana sighed. "And I don't want to be with him."

"What?" Jai asked, he was shocked. Ariana was always going on and on about how wonderful Nathan was, even though they all knew that basically he was a jerk and she deserved so much better than him.

"I was wrong," Ariana said looking into his breathtakingly beautiful brown eyes. "You...its you! And I know that I don't deserve you especially after all that I've put you through."

"Ari..." Jai began but was soon stopped by Ariana's soft delicate finger on his lips.

"Please just let me say this. If I don't, I don't think that I'll ever have the courage to say it again...ever. I can't hide my feelings anymore, I can't deny them. They're there and they've always been there. I can't believe I'm saying this right now... but I've recently learned that you don't know how much time you're going to have and life is such a precious gift. And I've been wasting mine and I've seen what I'm missing out on. And...and I don't want to miss out anymore. There's so much that I want in life, but most important I want to get married, have babies and grow old with the man I love...with you." Ariana bit her lip in nervous anticipation as she looked to Jai. Maybe she shouldn't have included the part about getting married and especially the part about having his babies...that was coming on a little strong.

"I...I don't know what to say," Jai ran a hand through his still wet hair, it was a good think he was sitting down because he was awfully dizzy.

"I'm so sorry that I just bombarded all of that on you. God, I'm such an idiot, I'm sorry," Ariana replied, she just wanted him to leave if he was going to reject her, that way she wouldn't have to hold back any more tears that were threatening to spill at any moment.

"Ariana," Jai began, trying hard to think of his next words.

"You should just go; you're going to be late for..." This time it was Jai's finger stopping her quick lips.

"Has anyone ever told you, you talk too much?" a smirk was appearing on his face.

"Wha..." Before Ariana couldn't even finish a word, Jai's lips were upon hers and soon they were engaging in the most wonderful and sweet kiss that either had ever experienced. So filled with love and longing, that neither of them wanted to break away. But the need for air became too great, so reluctantly; both pulled away slowly, eyes still connected and foreheads touching.

"You've made me one happy man, Ariana Grande," Jai smiled as he laced their hands together.

"I have?" Ariana questioned, still floating down from cloud nine. "You mean I didn't scare you away?"

Jai shook his head. "Never. I was willing to wait forever for you."

"I don't deserve you," Ariana cried, hoping that the tears wouldn't fall; she'd already made a complete fool out of herself earlier.

"No, you deserve better but I hope that you'll settle for me," Jai smiled. "Are you sure this is what you want?"

"I've never been surer in my entire life," Ariana replied with a confident smile.