Put Some Stank On It

Start from the beginning

I found my way out slamming the door behind me. I knew exactly where I was going and what I had to do. I called Miri to tell her that I wasn't feeling well and was turning in for the evening when in fact I was on my way back to the jet. I had no real destination ahead but I needed to put miles between London and I. Once he arrives and discovers me missing he will stop the world to find me. I worked my brain hard trying to come up with a plan and it didn't take long before a name from the past came to mind.... Arozo Fitelli.

London and I have done business with him occasionally but I can't say that we are friend's, but we aren't exactly enemies either. Arozo runs a rather hefty Empire in the Eastern parts of Italy. We have sold drug's, weapons and such to him in the past but we are also aware that he can't always be trusted. A untrustworthy reputation haunts him but London was always extra precaustious when dealing with him. Arozo always kept his word when it came to the Harper's and I'm hoping I can rely on him now or I could be meeting my doom. Either way I need his help. If Frankie is overseas somewhere trying to build an Empire I'm sure that Arozo has caught wind of it. Maybe he can lead me in the right direction.

Stepping off my jet in Italy, I rented a driver and gave them directions to Arozo's mansion in the hill's. Upon arriving we were stopped at the front gate and naturally guns were trained on us. My driver, being daft to who we were stuttered his word's out so I took over. Placing my hand on the gun attached to my thigh, I rolled the window down. Sliding my sunglasses down my nose so that my eye's could pierce these men, I spoke. "Tell your boss that the Laney Harper requests a meeting with him immediately. This is urgent business" .

The men called to the main house and relayed my message. In seconds the gates buzzed open and we were allowed entrance. We were greeted with another set of armed men once we reached the house. Speaking to the driver I said. "Remain here. You have my word that you will remain safe. I also promise to give you a rather large tip".

Taking in my surroundings, I exited the car. The armed men came toward me and immediately stripped me from my weapons. I smiled politely as I counted the hidden weapons that they carelessly overlooked. Briskly, they ushered me through the front door and lead me to a room off to the side. "Have a seat and Mr. Fitelli will join you momentarily" .

Once the door closed I inspected the room. It was very well decorated with antique furniture that gave the room a warm glow. I took a seat in a comfy velvet chair and noticed that scones and tea had been sat out on the table in front of me for my enjoyment. However I was smarter than to sample the treats. In many case's they are laced with drug's to either knock you out or kill you. I'm not saying that these are but why risk it.

It wasn't long before Arozo made his appearance. "Mrs. Harper, what a pleasure."

I nodded my head in agreement and waited for him to continue. "However i must ask where that husband is of yours?"

Never would I allow him to know that London didn't know my whereabouts. That would give Arozo a shot at kidnapping or killing me if that's what he chose to do. There's no way he would try any funny business if he assumed London was nearby and knew where I was. "He's about. Just caught up in a meeting". I spoke nonchalantly.

Arozo raised an eyebrow. "Never thought he'd let you wonder here alone".

"He's my husband, not my keeper. Besides it's me that needs to speak with you".

" Oh really. I'm intrigued ".

knowing my time was limited before London caught up to be I cut to the point. "I need a favor of sorts from you".

" And what might that be? "

"Have you heard any talk of a new Empire or anything of the sort possibly over this way?"

Arozo took a moment to think my question over. "There's been some chatter over in Egypt. My sources claim that there is a new Empire that seems to be growing strong rather quickly. I've recently sent a few men over that way to scope it out. As of now I have no issue with this newcomer. They haven't crossed any boundaries nor taken my business. I was told that this Empire is ran by a female. I have no name for her other than that her people call her the one with hair of fire".

I stood up immediately. "Thank you. That's all I need to know".

Arozo chuckled. "So what should I tell your husband when he comes looking for you? Let's be honest, London Harper would never allow you to come see me unaccompanied" .

Placing my hand on the door knob, I replied. "You may tell him what we discussed and that I'm on my way to Egypt" .

"Very well".

As I readied myself to go I turned back toward him. "By any chance, can I borrow a few of your men to accompany me?"

" I'll allow you two dozen but the Harper's are in my debt now. I do expect a favor in return".

"And what would that be? Or perhaps we can settle this with cash or a shipment of the finest cocaine?"

" Cocaine is outdated. Kid's want pills now. One shipment of X and we will call it even? "

"You've got it. I'll be in touch and promise to have it delivered by month's end".

Rushing out of there, I took a deep breath and made my way back to my jet. Off to Egypt I would be going. This woman with the hair of fire had to be Frankie.