A Few Minutes Early

Start from the beginning

     I could imagine his pout and rolled my eyes, continuing to grade my students. Once I was done, there were about thirty minutes left of class, and I brought up everyone's essays about creating invisibility potions to my desk, waving off the silencio charm on Harry carelessly. "Now why did you decide to show up at my class?"

     "Our water bill-"

     "Did you check with the town hall to see if it's a typo?"

     "Well, no, but I just assumed-"

     "You assumed that I took four-hundred galleons worth of baths this month? Really?"

     "Well you've been stressed recently so I wouldn't-"

     I merely shook my head. "Oh yes, and wasting time bathing instead of doing stuff I'm already behind on will be such a big help."

     "Jesus, you don't have to be so snappy Draco, I just-"

     "Potter." I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and stacking the essays I had to grade tonight. "I've had a long day. Please, just for another thirty minutes, be quiet."

     "I think I know what you need."

     "Potter, I swear-"

     "Tea!"

     I looked up at him, confusion in my eyes. "What?"

     "Tea! I'll be right back!"

     With that, he vanished in a flash of light and a loud crack. I frowned but shook it away, sitting down in my chair and starting to look over an essay. In less than threw minutes he was back.

     "Here, oriental green tea with two packets of sugar." He set it down in front of me, his hands twisting behind his back, the cup still steaming. "Caffeine free, since I assumed you don't need any more nervous energy."

     I sighed, staring down at the cup before lifting it to my lips and taking a tentative sip, before quickly swallowing down a large quantity of the perfect mix of bitter-sweet tea. "Harry James Potter, I take back all my snapping earlier. Thank you."

     "Mhm. You just... Grade your assignments or, whatever, I'll just... Not break things."

     "Professor Malfoy?" A kid asked tentatively, sounding a bit scared. I sighed.

     "Yes, Nari?"

     "Can I ask Mr. Potter for an autograph?"

      Quickly the room burst out with gasps and 'oh! Me too!' And 'I want one if she gets one!'

     I made a hand movement and everyone immediately quited down. "It's up to him. If he doesn't, there will be absolutely no fuss. If he does, be grateful and don't be rude."

     Harry shrugged, blushing with a small, sheepish grin- the same face I fell in love with many years ago. "Erm, sure, I don't mind."

     "Stay seated!" I shouted as there was a scraping of chairs. "Get out whatever you want to be signed and he will come to you."

     "I feel like a zoo animal," Harry snorted under his breath, rolling his eyes with a small chuckle.

     Slowly, though, he went around, signing things and having small conversations with the students, who seemed to be ecstatic to meet him, talking words that hardly made sense while others would blush and hide behind their books with a piece of paper in front of them, and Harry would politely say good evening and compliment them in some way, shape or form, offering them an easy, charming smile before moving on.

     It was hard to focus on essays but eventually, it was the end of class. Most the class got up and left once I dismissed them, but a few kids- which I recognized as friends with each other- stayed behind and slowly approached my desk. "Is there something you need or are you just here for Potter?"

     "Uh, well, we have a question, if you don't mind, professor Malfoy."

     "Tea, Draco!" Harry said, nudging the cup towards me. "You're uptight. Drink."

     I rolled my eyes but took a large swallow of the liquid before looking down at the students. "And your question is?"

     "Are- Well, do you really live with Mr. Potter?"

     "I do, yes. Why?"

     "Uhm, well, it's just that you're married, and people typically live with those that you're married too, so why aren't you living with your wife?"

     Harry snorted from next to me, covering his mouth and sending me an apologetic look the next moment, quickly silencing himself upon my glare. "I won't have you three spreading news, but I do live with the person I'm married to. I just don't happen to have a... Well, I don't have a wife, per say, although my spouse does act like a girl sometimes-"

      "Hey!" Harry cried out from beside me, pouting. "You're the one who takes baths and uses moisturizers!"

     "Oh I'm sorry, is taking care of yourself now considered feminine?" I sniffed, raising my noise to him. "It's not my fault you like to smell of grease and grime." I shuddered, wrinkling my nose. "Those hands are honestly filthy."

     "You're just jealous because you have women's hands that look like they've lived in a cyro chamber their whole life! I mean, look at them! Not a single callous!" He grabbed my hands, splaying my fingers as if for emphasis while I rolled my eyes.

     "My bad, didn't realize you weren't aware of hand files."

     "Hand files? I don't know what they are but they sound extremely painful!"

     I sighed, crossing my arms. "It takes off the build-ups of scar tissue and left-over cells to leave the newer, softer skin behind." He blinked vacantly so I sighed, turning his hand so his palm was facing up. "See this... Pad?" I asked, pointing to the small pad before each of his fingers. "And this access skin?" I picked up a piece of dead skin, grimacing as I peeled it away and vanished it. "Feel under what I just removed."

     He frowned but touched it, his eyes immediately going wide as he did. "Oh my god it's so soft!"

     "And that's what I do to my hands to make them so well take care of, along with different creams and moisturizers."

     "I feel like you've told me this before-"

     "Time and time again, Potter," I sighed, shaking my head. "I simply explain it to you again and again."

     "Oh. Because you love me?" He grinned cheekily, making me roll my eyes.

     "Would I marry you if I didn't love you?"

     "Just say it, Malfoy. Please?"

     "Say wha- Oh." I flushed slightly, forcing the heat from my cheeks to go away. "I love you, Harry James Malfoy-Potter."

     "And I love you too, Draco Lucius Malfoy-Potter."

     I suppose him showing up a few minutes early didn't bother me too much after all.