Chapter one: Carnaval De Rires

Start from the beginning

"Oh you know it, another successful season! I only had three people throw up on me this year." I said with a giggle.

She made a disgusted face,  "Well I beat you, I'm pretty sure I've had more than three." We both laughed a bit. We didn't talk a lot but we enjoyed each others company. As we walked down to the big tent to get our pay she turned to me and said, "You know, we've been working together for four summers already?"

We had, I started working here the summer before I got my Hogwarts letter, sure it was really young, but here it didn't matter. They would take any workers they could get their hands on. Cindy was a run away and she had been working here ever since. Her parents never found her, or probably even looked for her, but sometimes she would see a couple and mistake them for her parents and hide.

"Yeah, it's weird, it doesn't seem that long."

"I've been thinking" She started

"about what?"

"Well I think I am going to go back to see my parents-" she stopped when she saw my startled face "but don't worry! I'll come back next summer, I swear!" I smiled at her, partially hoping that she was telling the truth, but also hoping that she found peace with her parents.

"Ah! Cindy, Sienna! My girls!" A big booming voice called us over to him. Our boss was smiling and holding out checks "You are both returning next year, correct?"

"Yes, sir!" We both replied

"Good, awh come here" he said pulling us into a big hug "I'm gonna miss you!" Our boss got overly emotional every year, and I think it got worse every year because Cindy and I, with the exception of a few other workers, were the only workers to come back every season. Finally he released us and we said our final goodbyes to everyone and continued down the road.

"Well, this is where I'm leaving"Cindy said turning to me and giving me a hug.

Returning it and trying not to cry I looked at her and said "Good luck with your parents!"

"Good luck with school!" She said and began walking to the right. I continued my walk to the train station, I had about five more miles to go.

Once I was finally on the train I threw my dufflebag under the seat in front of me and flopped down on the seat. It has been a long day and I just want to get home. Well to my mothers house. I stay with my father on summers but we only see each other a few times. He studies muggles for a living so he stays in the muggle world most of the time. He's a nice guy, just preoccupied. Anyways we had already said our goodbyes earlier that week.

I was almost asleep when I heard the call for my stop, of course I thought to myself. Better start getting used to not sleeping at all. Grabbing my back and throwing it over my shoulder I hopped off the bus looking for my mother. My mother and I look nothing alike. I get all my looks from my father. I have black hair that is past my shoulders and green eyes. My mom has short blonde hair and she has blue eyes. After my father left my mom lost all forms of income because she stayed at home and took care of my brother and I. She has slowly been getting back on her feet and she got a new job as a secretary.

"Sienna! Honey!"

"Mom! I cried dropping my bag and running to hug her. "You look so good!" My mom, a buisiness woman! She was wearing a pencil skirt and blazer over a plain white shirt. I am so proud of her.

"You think so? It's not too much? I have a date tonight and I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard." She said giving a small spin.

"No mom, vous êtes belle" I have picked up quite a bit of french from boss man.

She smiled at me and we began to walk. My mom dating again, this is incredible. I didn't think she would ever be happy again and I am so proud of her.

I flopped down on my bed andjust stared around my room. Nothing was packed and I have to leave tomorow night for the train to Hogwarts. I groan realizing this means that I will have to get up and do something. Mom already left on her date with a man named Max? or Matt? I'm not sure I was tired, but he seemed like a really nice guy so I feel bad about not remembering his name. I'll make a mental note to remember it before I see him again.

On the table I find my list of books for this year.

The standard book of spells, grade three.

Intermediate Transfiguration

The Monster book of Monsters

Spellman's Syllabary

The Essential Defence Against the Dark Arts

I don't think I need to get any new robes this year, honestly I still fit into my second robes. I'll have to make a trip tomorrow, it's too late tonight. I can, however get started on packing.

I'm not sure when I fell asleep but I was being woken up by my mother explaining that she had just gotten home and was going to bed. I managed to mumble something in response but fell back asleep.

SCRREECH.

I jumped ten feet in the air, just kidding. I'm awake now.

After breakfast and a quick shower I remember that I have to go to diagon alley. I think about waking my mom up but she was probably really tired from last night so I would just have to go alone.

My first stop was Gringotts. I exchange my muggle money for wizard currency and then I'm off to get my books.

"Sienna?" I swear I know that voice I say looking around the crowd. Hermione and Ron!

"Hey guys" walking over and giving them both a small hug

"Did you hear?" Ron asks me. Boy he's being more serious than she usually is.

"Nope, just got back yesterday night"

"There has been an escaped convict from Azkaban. He's bloody mad!"

"No way! What's going to happen to him?"

"No idea, thought the ministry would be covering it up, guess not."

I was going to reply but I was a bit distracted by Ron's older brothers Fred and George walking up beside him.

"Talking about Sirius Black are we?" They asked both putting an arm around his shoulders. I had talked to Fred and George a few times before, and they were seriously funny. Always pulling pranks, it seemed so fun!

"Just filling Sienna in" Ron mumbled.

"Oh" They both said together

"Allow us"

"Wow" was all I could say after they finished explaining to me what was really going on. They both had removed their arms from Ron and put them around my shoulders and we were walking around aimlessly. Harry has been having such a hard time our first few years and then this. Man he must be stressed out.

"Yeah it's wicked" Fred said smiling at me.

"So, Sienna, why is it that me and Fred never see you around?" George asks. I can't tell if he is joking or being serious.

"Yeah, why is that? Are we not friends?" Fred said, placing a hand over his heart and pretending to be sad. Okay definitely joking.

"That hurts"George said, wiping away a pretend tear.

I laughed a little "I'm sorry guys. I'll talk to you more this year! I promise." I said to them.

"You better" Fred and George said together. 

"We had better be going" Fred said holding something in his hand, "there's work to be done."

I know what that means. Let the pranking begin